SKEETER PEE PORT

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
started skeeter pee 1/28/20 , EC-1118 , SSG 1080, i use a cordless drill to stir using a stainless steel mayo stirrer, i start my skeeter pee's with 2 qt lemon juice per 6 gallon water, stirred today as i do everyday during ferment, SG down to 1020, added more yeast energizer and 10 lbs sugar brought me back to 1040, once the alcohol kills my EC -1118 then i add more lemon juice so i end up with 1 qt lemon concentrate per gallon water, then will rack to carboys to clear, takes a couple rckings using a 1 micron filter, when it's ready to bottle i get a 6 & 1/2 carboy pour a fifth of PGA (EVERCLEAR 190 PROOF) INTO THE 6 & 1/2 CARBOY RACK 6 gallon skeeter pee into that, turn my other AIO wine pump, (thanks steve) and bottle , using another 1 micron filter on the bolleing one as well, 1 micron on all whites, 5 micron on all reds, never made a kit, and never made any proper wines,, lol grape type wines, i am sweet country wines to the bone, but they allow me to kick around, and save my neck when i hit a problem,
Dawg

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
my skeeter pee,I racked at 1.040,,, 3#-6 gal, 1#-6&1/2 an 1#-5 gal into carboys to degas and settle, SUN THE 2/23/20,,,,, I will start 2 new threads/projects, banana,pineapple,apple mix and a blackberry, elderberry mix,
Dawg

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
I went to bed way to early, i awoke at 10;pm so i washed 2 more cases of bottles, then i decided to bottle one carboy of skeeter pee,i put 750ml of 190 proof everclear, and 750 ml of snopes i got years ago in germany, then i put a funnel on my 6 & 1/2 gal bottling carboy, so i put a funnel in it to add a little sugar into it, i stumbled and dumped way to much sugar so i used my cordless to stir it, FSG is, way to high, it is ESG IS 1.85 , so i bottled it and brought one bottle to bed, it is sweet and it is strong, but the extra high ABV and extra sweet , WELL it ain't bad , i would have never done this on purpose but dang two sips and i'm going to bed right now, LATER MY COMPARAIDS I'M DONE, WHEW
Dawg

Latest posts