Skeeter Pee Is clear in 3 Days

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thunter

Junior
Reaction score
My First Batch of SP. Used the Sparkaloid and in 3 days it is Clear. Do you think I can move on to Racking and Back Sweeting. Or should I let it sit for another week and a half. It is Hot here and I want to Dig in :h

It is designed to be an early drinker. It may still drop a very fine sediment over tme and thats one of the reason we usually bulk age wines even after using a fining agent. If you dont mind a little dusting in your bottles possibly then move on. Make sure you add sulfite and sorbate if sweetening.

I racked it. Did the Sobate and sufite and Sparkoid. I am just suprized how clear it got so Fast. If I can Rush to My Second racking and back sweetin and let it sit for a litle longer it just means I can start on another Wine :b. I know Rush Is a Bad word in Wine Making but this is a fast drinker.

Last edited:
My First Batch of SP. Used the Sparkaloid and in 3 days it is Clear. Do you think I can move on to Racking and Back Sweeting. Or should I let it sit for another week and a half. It is Hot here and I want to Dig in :h

Wish mine would clear. Its been three days and hasn't even started yet. Its been stablized, back sweetened and used super klear.

Well I had to Sample it and It is Yummy. Still needs to be back sweetened. But just used a simple syrup in my glass to sweeten and was nice.

Mine also cleared within about three days after the kiesolel and chitosen. Got a six pack in the fridge that I'm gonna dig into as we BBQ this afternoon.

Wish mine would clear. Its been three days and hasn't even started yet. Its been stablized, back sweetened and used super klear.

I added super kleer to my batch 2.5 weeks ago racked it today.Its very nice tasting.Pretty clear as well.Going to try on people tomarrow at a family barbeQ.Minnesota will get the honors if it goes well.Have lots of wine know its in my family,Only a few can make good home made wine.dg

The skeeter pee was a big hit on the great hot memorial day we were blessed with.Thank you Minnesota winemaker sharing this with us.:D:db

Might try a raspberry when the fruit is ready,it will be my first.On the fruit wines.Will try the wild ones i love, all over the place.How about you?

Latest posts

Back