Skeeter Pee HIGH OCTANE!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Following Lons original recipe, I was able to get my Pee up to 16% by adding all the sugar in the begining and using champagne yeast. This stuff is sneaky enough, 16% sneaks up even worse! LOL. It could probably get higher, but haven't tried.

I'm going to add some fresh lime and ginger to my next Pee.

Actually it was pretty smooth. I have made other juice wines real high and it was terrible. If you are going to make rocket fuel, I think the lemon or apple juice is the way to go. High alcohol wine can really be terrible. Thats why you don't see many people in here making it that strong!

If you want to take it to the next level, learn a little bit about distilling. Be careful though, not knowing what you're doing can be poisonous and/or explosive. Don't even think about doing this on your own. Find someone who has done it successfully and have them teach you..Keep in mind it is also illegal as hell, you don't see that mentioned in here for a very good reason. But there are resources for you to learn from if you look for them.

The last few batches of pee I made I tossed in a couple cans of frozen concentrate, choose your flavor, adds just a touch of flavor. I used raspberry juice and it was a nice compliment to the pee.

I plan on distilling later on. Ive actually done a LOT of research into it and am pretty confident if i had a still i could do a decent job that i could guarantee wouldnt poison you lol. But right now im focusing on wine.

Ive never made an apple that ive liked. It just dont taste pleasent to me at all. I wonder what it is about lemon juice that makes high alcohol tolerable/

Don't know but it handles it real well.

White grape juice is a good base to use for experimenting. It is pretty neutral. You see alot of "experiment" recipes using it and than adding other things to it. I plan on using it again for my rosehip flower wine again, but have no intention on making it over 12%.

But keep the white grape in mind for future projects.

Yea, Is their any disadvantages to useing the store baught grape juice instead of using grapes? My grandparents have MANY acres of muscadines so i plan on doing something with that this fall lol.

If you have access to grapes like that than why ask?

Obviously we are talking about two seperate things. I was thinking white grape juice for experimenting. Use the grapes on there own. I have zero knowledge on grapes, but as you know many members in here know about them. For sure look forward to doing something with them.

Well, i know that juices tend to clear faster and you have access to them all year round. Grapes on the other hand are a whole lot more unpredictable and muscadines are only available later on in the year

No idea, that is all Greek to me. I live in a place where fruit and grapes don't grow. I have made lots of juice, frozen concentrates and a few fruit wines store bought, and they are never as good because the store bought fruits are usually harvested before all their natural sugars have not had a chance to develop completely.

Why don't you start a new thread with the above question. get some ideas on what to do with tose grapes when the time comes.

I might make a thread when the times comes for that. Do you know of any good ways to check if you have good fermentation other than a hydrometer?

Not really. Obviously visually. I have had fermentations that looked like the stuff was boiling. I've had some where there was a ton of foam, some none at all. I have had some go from 1.090 to 1.00 in 4 days, some that have taken 2 weeks. Some wines look like nothing is happening but the hydrometer can show you that indeed it is fermenting.

A hydrometer really is the only way to tell whats going on, especially when it comes time to add the sorbate and allow it to rest before bottling.

Most of the gang recommends to look for a constant SG for a few days after sorbate to make sure fermentation has stopped. No way to do this without a hydrometer.

There is a whole discussion on ensuring a good fermentation, but that is a different thread and and has its own set of thoughts.

But, no. A hydrometer is probably the most important tool for measuring and determining activity during a fermentation. As you may have seen, those who come into the forum asking questions and announce they don't have one get picked on good.

yeah, ive seen that lol. I have one but it only reads up to 16% What i dont understand is why everyone Decides to use 1.089 and those strange numbers instead of potential alcohol.

I kind of wondered that myself. I personally go with the PA myself, but refer to it as the SG. Good question.

Sane or true drunks, I speak for myself, but a qualified assumption! LOL

Haha, thats a thought lol. perhaps both? Im going to get to the bottom of this. It does not make sense at all to use a stupid series of digits when the logical solution is just on the other side of the hydrometer

Lol, i think if we got locked in a room that one of us would end up dieng in the name of science (ehem milk wine experiment gone wrong). I did some reading and yea, it looks like the only really good way to make sure fermentation is going is by hydrometer. i think im gona put some more yeast energizer in though to be on the safe side.

Latest posts

Back