Single Varietal in Northern California

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @Americanhooch, I live in Davis. I had planned to order 100# grapes of a single varietal this year from Oak Barrel as well (I pass through Berkeley regularly). Others here are suggesting there are other options which might suit my needs better (for example, quantities other than 100# increments). So I'll check them out when I get the chance. I'll let you know through this thread what I end up doing!

I take it that you ordered in 100# increments?

I ordered 200lbs, but I didn't get the sense folks were limited to increments of 100, just got price breaks at increments of 100. If they've already confirmed that, there you go, but if not, you may want to give them a call. Nice folks regardless.

Brehm (who also sell frozen must) was also good, though more expensive.

@Americanhooch I can make the same offer to you as I did @Fuzzywuzzy , if you would like Cab Franc this season I can arrange for as little or as much as you want. Commercial quality grapes up in the Sierra Foothills. It would mean a 2 hour drive each way, but that’s what it’s looking like I will need to do to source the Chardonnay that I want to make this year.

Back