Side effects

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sage

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is causing some concern... I'm a 76 year old man and paper given to me about the covid-19 shots side effects says might cause problems if you get pregnant. Now that never occurred to me... Then I filled out a questionnaire that asked if I was planning on getting pregnant....

Just EXACTLY what are these damn side effects going to cause?????

This is causing some concern... I'm a 76 year old man and paper given to me about the covid-19 shots side effects says might cause problems if you get pregnant. Now that never occurred to me... Then I filled out a questionnaire that asked if I was planning on getting pregnant....

Apparently it causes sarcasm.:D

If they can cause a pregnacy in a man, not even considering the age. You will be a very rich man.

I had the second shot of the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday morning and four hours later my arm really hurt. 6 hours later I had no energy and didn't feel right 10 hours later was running a pretty good fever with chills, body aches and my arm hurt like hell. Thursday had a lower fever arm still hurts but not as bad. This morning I feel a lot better don't think I'm running a fever but will be staying home from work anyway.

I had the second shot of the Moderna vaccine on Wednesday morning and four hours later my arm really hurt. 6 hours later I had no energy and didn't feel right 10 hours later was running a pretty good fever with chills, body aches and my arm hurt like hell. Thursday had a lower fever arm still hurts but not as bad. This morning I feel a lot better don't think I'm running a fever but will be staying home from work anyway.
From what I've heard it isn't uncommon to have a reaction like what you had to the second dose. Your immune system now recognizes the potential invader and is gearing up to fight it. Hopefully now you are good to go.:tz

Wife and I had the virus in August of 2020, and got the first Pfizer vaccine dose on January 20th. Arm was a little sore, no big deal, 24 hours later got fever (101F) and chills. Spent an hour in the hot tub, then hit the couch in thick socks and sweats under covers. Fell asleep and woke up a couple hours later covered in sweat with no fever or chills, and have been just fine since. Wife had no reaction at all. Second dose scheduled for Feb 10.

I and several people I’ve met here in northern WI had a very bad respiratory infection last year that lasted 3-4 months and left most with shortness of breath, if COVID is worse I hope I get the vaccine soon. I just had a pneumonia vaccine and my arm was so sore I couldn’t sleep.

1st dose of Moderna on Jan 26th. Sore arm for a few days but not much else. 2nd shot scheduled for 4 weeks exactly. That one has me a little nervous. I suspect I will run a fever etc.

I got the new shingles vaccine last year. 1st shot no problem. Booster shot was like being run over by a freight train. 100.4 fever, shivers, cold sweats at night. If I didn't know it was the shot i would have sworn I had Covid. Took me 2-3 days to start feeling better.

The wife gets her second today (she’s in the sixties) we will see if she gets pregnant.

I am on a list and still waiting so I don’t think I am the cause YET.

Wait, what!? You are on a list and still waiting to try to be the cause of your wife getting pregnant?!
🤣

The wife gets her second today (she’s in the sixties) we will see if she gets pregnant.

I am on a list and still waiting so I don’t think I am the cause YET.
Lol! If she gets pregnant, it's not from the vaccine..... I'd go check out who administered the vaccine! 😄

Wife and I had the virus in August of 2020, and got the first Pfizer vaccine dose on January 20th. Arm was a little sore, no big deal, 24 hours later got fever (101F) and chills. Spent an hour in the hot tub, then hit the couch in thick socks and sweats under covers. Fell asleep and woke up a couple hours later covered in sweat with no fever or chills, and have been just fine since. Wife had no reaction at all. Second dose scheduled for Feb 10.
Thanks for that info. Very interesting. This is how the normal flu virus affects me. Tiredness, chills, heats then sweats- twenty four hours later waking up feeling a tad weak but fine there after. Thanks for detailing your experience

My wife got Pfizer in February -- 1st shot gave her a very sore arm for 3 days. After the 2nd shot she had a sore arm for 2 days, and got a severe headache the day after the injection.

I got my first Pfizer last Wednesday. Arm was mildly sore for a few hours, but no other side effects. I'm expecting the 2nd will hit me harder ...

I get my 2nd pfe shot this coming Wednesday. Nothing notable on the 1st shot, just a sore shoulder for a day, but nothing that really hampered my daily life at all.

Got my first in Dec. second in Jan. Sore arm and didn't feel quite right the day after the first one. Since then, fine. And have decided to wear the mask from now on, at least during the winter. Have not been out in public much, but when we have both Kathy and I have been wearing a mask. Knock on wood, we have gone the whole winter without either one of us being sick. Arne.

According to the medical experts in the UK, younger healthier people experience more side effects than older people like my wife and myself. The younger and healthier you are the stronger your immune system is. Apparently it's your body doing its job trying to reject the foreign substance that you've had injected.
I've felt much worse after drinking a few glasses too many.:s Same principle I suppose, but definitely more enjoyable in the first place.

Back