Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We try to go about three or four months between grooming, she just was at the hairdresser Groomer last week. My wife is convinced that Dakota likes having a shorter coat during the summer. My place is not to argue, but say Yes Dear.
Wow, she must be fairly wooly by then! We have our miniature Poodles groomed every 6 weeks, and they look like little lambs (how is that for alliteration!) when they hit the groomer. We had a Standard Poodle, and she was every 8 weeks. We tend to have them cut longer in Winter.

We had a yellow lab for 15 years and are expecting another in a couple of months. Labs are "self-grooming" using the shed method. 😁 . Just ask our vacuum cleaner!
My late Husky Williwa used that same method. :h I could brush her for hours (she loved being groomed) but she still dropped copious amounts of undercoat the beginning of each spring. You could track her by the tufts. A Hoover upright was no match for it. :h

Izzy holding court. Will turn two in October, we got her from a rescue mission, her Mom was rescued and they found out she was with puppies, like 8 of them. Blue Healer x bulldog x whippet. She actually looks more the cinnamon/red phase of a healer. Her brother (daughter friend has him (Rocky)) is at least 20 lbs heavier. Incredibly intelligent (smarter than the family as a whole) and protective.

8-20-22_Izzy.jpg

My younger son and his wife are fostering/training a service dog, a 9 month old black Lab. She's a beautiful dog and is adapting well to her training as a service dog. In another 9 months or so they'll return her to the service that supplies dogs, she'll receive her final training and will be assigned to a disabled person.

Latest posts

Back