Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our beloved Abby passed away at 9:25 last night, just one month short of her 15th birthday. We enjoyed every minute of the 15 years of joy she gave us. She was a fantastic pet loved by everyone who had the opportunity to meet her.
View attachment 79171

It took me some time to express my sorrow. I am in the same place currently as our pet is also 15 and is getting more feeble weekly. And the ones I have lost in the past I still carry with me. I would tell you it gets better with time, but that's not true. You only learn to accept it.

1052ECBA-B43D-4F21-8692-F6B622366B92.jpeg

I’d like to introduce you to Jazzy, my beloved Yellow Lab - she passed on May 13, 2021. She was an amazing friend and companion. The best dog I’ve ever had the privilege of sharing a few years with.

This dog and I logged over 15k miles hiking, backpacking, running, walking and scrambling all over Montana. She was with me when I summited Montana’s highest peak, Granite Peak and with me when I summited Montana’s 4th highest peak, Whitetail Peak. She was a real treasure. Even how, it’s hard for me to not to tear up thinking about the life we shared over her 14 years.

This week, I boarded a plane from Seattle, carrying her ashes. I made the determination many years ago that I would spread her ashes at September Morn Lake in the Beartooth Mountains in Southeast Montana. We hiked to that lake and beyond a couple dozen times and she loved that lake. I knew that some September morning I would spread her ashes at that lake. This was the week.

It was an emotional sixteen mile round trip to the lake that will ever be treasured in my heart. I’m counting the first eight miles as her being with me.

312176C3-BB83-461F-AE9A-F71E6C8DC07E.jpeg3E06CFD9-ED51-4C0B-97B5-EBE002C306A3.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 79325

I’d like to introduce you to Jazzy, my beloved Yellow Lab - she passed on May 13, 2021. She was an amazing friend and companion. The best dog I’ve ever had the privilege of share a few years with.

This dog and I logged over 15k miles hiking, backpacking, running, walking and scrambling all over Montana. She was with me when I summited Montana’s highest peak, Granite Peak and with me when I summited Montana’s 4th highest peak, Whitetail Peak. She was a real treasure. Even how, it’s hard for me to not to tear up thinking about the life we shared over her 14 years.

This week, I boarded a plane from Seattle, carrying her ashes. I made the determination many years ago that I would spread her ashes at September Morn Lake in the Beartooth Mountains in Southwest Montana. We hiked to that lake and beyond a couple dozens of times and she loved that lake. I knew that some September morning I would spread her ashes. This was the week.

It was an emotional sixteen mile round trip to the lake that will ever be treasured in my heart. I’m counting the first eight miles as her being with me.

View attachment 79326View attachment 79327
[/QUOTE

Sounds like both of you shared many wonderful experiences over the years.:)

You definitely had a wonderful companion there, Crush - as did Jazzy. Thanks for sharing - and for making me tear up. ;)

View attachment 79325

I’d like to introduce you to Jazzy, my beloved Yellow Lab - she passed on May 13, 2021. She was an amazing friend and companion. The best dog I’ve ever had the privilege of sharing a few years with.

This week, I boarded a plane from Seattle, carrying her ashes. I made the determination many years ago that I would spread her ashes at September Morn Lake in the Beartooth Mountains in Southeast Montana. We hiked to that lake and beyond a couple dozen times and she loved that lake. I knew that some September morning I would spread her ashes at that lake. This was the week.

View attachment 79326View attachment 79327

What a great story...!! Sorry for your loss.

Sorry for your loss, montanarick. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. They're there every day giving all they've got and asking almost nothing in return. It's not until the day they're no longer with us that we realize just what a significant part of our life they were. We lost our yellow lab in September after 15 absolutely wonderful years with her. The house has never seemed so empty!

Last edited:
Sorry for your loss, montanarick. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family. They're there every day giving all they've got and asking almost nothing in return. It's not until the day they're no longer with us that we realize just what a significant part of our life they were. We lost our yellow lab in September after 15 absolutely wonderful years with her. The house has never seemed to empty!
Thank you

Latest posts

Back