Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These four legged Angel's dont stay with us long enough for sure, I too had a wonderful golden that sadly struggled with hip problems near his last few years of his life,but I will say that joint supplements did make a difference in just getting up to go to the bathroom, I wished I had started supplements sooner in his life..

Buddy of mine has a great perinise (spelling?) that has hip problems. He has arthritis bad and decided to send off to amazon for some hemp oil. He uses it and says it helps the arthritis. Decided to give some to the dog. Says he hasn't gotten around as good as he does now for several years. Just a thought. Arne.

Buddy of mine has a great perinise (spelling?) that has hip problems. He has arthritis bad and decided to send off to amazon for some hemp oil. He uses it and says it helps the arthritis. Decided to give some to the dog. Says he hasn't gotten around as good as he does now for several years. Just a thought. Arne.
I have a Beagle/Basset mix (~10 yo) with arthritis in his hips. He gets CoSequin for dogs from Tractor Supply (farm supply store) and it seems to help. Just a suggestion.

Sorry for your loss.

It's never easy to say goodbye no matter how long we have them.

Our beloved Abby passed away at 9:25 last night, just one month short of her 15th birthday. We enjoyed every minute of the 15 years of joy she gave us. She was a fantastic pet loved by everyone who had the opportunity to meet her.
View attachment 79171

I forgot to update this when we got a new cat. Back in May 2020 we took in a mama cat and her 5 kittens. They were on a construction yard and the crew there didn't want them getting killed by heavy equipment so they had caught them all and were looking for a foster home.
We took them but the mother was totally wild and wouldn't let us near her. She also rejected her kittens once they were all moved to our garage. We tried to get her an appointment to be spayed but with Covid there was nothing for a couple months, and she escaped while we were waiting.
So the kittens were only about 3-4 weeks old. We got some kitten bottles and hand fed them formula for a few weeks, introducing solid foods slowly.
All 5 did great. We kept 1 of them, Smokey, and found homes with friends for the rest of them.
Our dog Kira liked the kittens right away, but our 10yr old cat Mischa was less enthusiastic. Her and smokey mostly get along now but still have the odd brawl now and then.
Smokey is probably the most affectionate cat I've ever had. He'll often come into our bedroom during the night and jump up on me and start bonking my head, purring like crazy. He wont' go away until you give him enough petting. He lets our 3yr old also carry him around and he'll sit with the older kids for hours, jammed half way under a blanket. He's also the most efficient killer we've ever had, so many dead mice, and robins (which I'm ok with since they try to eat my grapes, even with them all netted).

Attachments

• 20200427_175218.jpg
    20200427_175218.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • KiraSmokey2.jpg
    KiraSmokey2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 11
  • SmokeyKira1.png
    SmokeyKira1.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
Our beloved Abby passed away at 9:25 last night, just one month short of her 15th birthday. We enjoyed every minute of the 15 years of joy she gave us. She was a fantastic pet loved by everyone who had the opportunity to meet her.
View attachment 79171

My condolences. Sorry to hear it.

View attachment 79171

Sorry for your loss, I can only imagine.
We have Coco, my male silky terrier who is now 10 years old, and a trouble maker, but he is the soul of this house, and cannot imagine that day coming in a few years....

View attachment 79171
So sorry for your loss.. we lost our Golden 2 years ago and it was heart breaking

View attachment 79171
“That which brings us sorrow, once brought us great joy. Cherish all that was yours.” Anon

And cherish all the memories.

Back