Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. Sammy and Mr. Cash, 2 Airedales that rescued me 3 years ago. Brothers from different mothers. Sam (closest) we estimate about 8 and Cash about 4 now. Life is merrier with an airedale terrier :)

Attachments

• 0227211820a.jpg
    0227211820a.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Here’s the 2 golden doodles my wife surprised me with after I lost my Abby girl. oh And yes they do shed just not as bad as a golden.
Such cute dogs they are. Here is my silly little girl, a goldendoodle as well.

And behind her, the old man a15 lb mutt.
PXL_20210219_013829578.MP.jpg

C

cmason, she’s a cutie. I never thought there would a breed that could replace my golden. Mine are the sweetest babies.

I know what you mean. Mine just jumped up on my lap and it's sleeping here now. I think goldendoodles are among the most loving dogs i have ever been around. As well as the silliest. Mine lives to carry around that blanket on the floor next to her, the breeder sent it home with her.

And yes they do shed just not as bad as a golden.

Every morning I would do what I called the "beautification" time with my Golden Retriever. Pudding. A good brush to get most of the shedding hair. He loved it. A pre-walk ritual. He had to look his best before the public walk.

But a Golden Retriever shedding is more complicated.... And in one case, very life giving:

Today, I cleaned out my Chickadee nest boxes, and the Chickadees from last year had made their nest of both moss and of my beloved Pudding's hair. My dog kept little birds warm and safe. He really spread his love in so many ways.

When I saw that, I am not ashamed to say I cried. I miss him. He was the sweetest. Ever.

Every morning I would do what I called the "beautification" time with my Golden Retriever. Pudding. A good brush to get most of the shedding hair. He loved it. A pre-walk ritual. He had to look his best before the public walk.

But a Golden Retriever shedding is more complicated.... And in one case, very life giving:

Today, I cleaned out my Chickadee nest boxes, and the Chickadees from last year had made their nest of both moss and of my beloved Pudding's hair. My dog kept little birds warm and safe. He really spread his love in so many ways.

When I saw that, I am not ashamed to say I cried. I miss him. He was the sweetest. Ever.
I feel for you - our days are certainly numbered with our Molly girl who will be 14 in couple of weeks. Bottom of our driveway has balls of Golden hair after my wife takes them out to the "beauty parlor" to get brushed - figure the birds will be real happy t have all that nesting material

Balatonwine, that made me tear up a bit. I miss my ole girl still today and like you I still find hair balls in a garage from her form time to time. I had her cremated and placed in a nice box where she oversees my wine making. she Was the best golden and pet I’ve ever had.

mike

Unfortunately, I see bad times on the horizon. My 14 1/2 year old yellow lab, Abby, is still a puppy at heart, but her back legs are in rough shape. She hasn't been able to go up stairs for about a year now. At first I was helping her climb them by lifting her rear end. At 70 lbs., that became a struggle. She now has a ramp onto the deck that I built her a couple of weeks ago. That helps a lot. It's really sad to watch her hobble around the house while still trying to play with her toys. She just had her annual check up at the vets this week and other than those damn legs, she's still in excellent health. This is really gonna be rough one when the time comes.

1616943401063.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back