Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We rescued this little cat at 2 weeks. It’s mother was a calico so this may be the calicos original colors.

either way I’d say a rare combination for a feral cat. Definitely the first pointed, blue-eyed feral I have ever seen.

very loyal, well tempered and affectionate cat.

4AE174C8-6E7E-44B7-B774-94FA44821DE4.jpeg
902132D6-7E90-416E-9B69-5D39E7829307.jpeg

@Mike - Next Level Oak

I grew up with and hence love German Shepards, such scary looking dogs to the uninformed, but such wonderful household pets. I remember when my brothers and I would get my mom mad at us, he would get between us and let us know that mom was in charge and don't think anything different. He to had the bad hips that so many of them have. Gosh, it's been a long time since I thought about him.

@Mike - Next Level Oak

I grew up with and hence love German Shepards, such scary looking dogs to the uninformed, but such wonderful household pets. I remember when my brothers and I would get my mom mad at us, he would get between us and let us know that mom was in charge and don't think anything different. He to had the bad hips that so many of them have. Gosh, it's been a long time since I thought about him.
Aw well at least you got to think of him again, what was his name? Funny thing is mine does the same when my niece and nephew go crazy. Hektor was my first German Shepherd and I had a flashback when I got him as a pup. My neighbor across from me was a judge and had 3 shepherds. Every time our car left the driveway they saw us and ran after the car. I was a kid...they looked like wolves to me. They are great dogs and I'm lucky to have him.

Aw well at least you got to think of him again, what was his name? Funny thing is mine does the same when my niece and nephew go crazy. Hektor was my first German Shepherd and I had a flashback when I got him as a pup. My neighbor across from me was a judge and had 3 shepherds. Every time our car left the driveway they saw us and ran after the car. I was a kid...they looked like wolves to me. They are great dogs and I'm lucky to have him.

He was a gift from my older brothers first wife to him when he was in the Air Force stationed in Bangor, Maine, they got divorced and he was being shipped over to Germany for a few years, so he named him Solomon for some reason. And boy did it take me a bit to pull that out of my brain from 45 years ago. That CRS (Can't Remember Stuff almost took over).

One of my cats passed away a few months ago, and it took awhile for us to come to terms. We decided last week that we were ready to adopt again. We found her at the local SPCA. She was there for three months(!) When I spoke to the lady, she said no one was really interested in even interacting with her. Due to COVID restrictions, we could only visit through a glass display, but she immediately fell in love with me. Meet Nyx. She's a daddy's girl through and through.

159264984_10220734378572182_5139833173759480782_o.jpg

Balotonwine-So sorry for your loss. We recently had to put our faithful, sweet, loving great pyrenees down. He was our livestock guardian and he did his job. I cried and cried. We have other dogs, though. This one is Marley. She is a wounded deer tracking dog. She has found many, many deer for hunters who couldn't find deer after the shot.pic for cards.jpg

Last edited:
Back