Show Us Your Pets

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our city has a community cat program where animal care and control will get strays fixed, give them their shots, then release them because the shelters are overfilled.

Although I can't take the little guy in (landlord limits us to two pets), I'm his legal guardian.

Iv4jGKX.jpg

Here is Duke.

He is not happy. He is 17 years old and his arthritis had flared up again.

Well, when I was growing up, we had a cat make it to 19, believe it or not. When they get to this age, just remember the fun you had with him (and he had with you when he was younger). I'm sure you are giving him great care, he just can't always show his appreciation. It's hard to watch a family member get old, even if it is a dog or cat, they are definitely a family member. Here's to Duke, hoping he can have a few better days before he's gone. May your memories of him after he's gone get sweeter day by day!

PS. After looking at your picture again I just wish I could pick him up and hug him, he looks so cuddable. I'm sure at this point it would hurt him and he wouldn't appreciate it!

Last edited:
I have had several dogs in the past. By far, my Duke is the best dog ever! I have never had a dog that was so well tempered and eager to please.

He gets lots of love, especially now.

Funny thing about him is that he wears his emotions on his sleeves. The slightest pet or kind word gets his tail wagging. He definitely shows his appreciation all the time.

Maybe you should buy Duke a drink first? :h

Quick story.

We were racking out our tanks and, one year, rather than toss out the sludge, we saved it in a carboy.
After 2 months or so, after the sediment dropped, we gave it a taste and it was surprisingly good. So, we bottled it.

Wondering what to call it, my Wife came up with "Duke's Dregs".

What is really funny is that "Duke's Dregs" won a bronze medal at our local AWS competition!
Even the judges laughed when we told them that we are the proud owners of an award winning winemaking dog !!!

Latest posts

Back