Show Off Your Homemade Equiptment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aspirator pumps?

I havent made any wne stuff with the exception of my aspirator vacuum pump that I turned into a wine degasser and racking pump but I have made a few beer making tools. No pics today though as Im in bad shape from picking raspberries for about 3 1/2 hours and now my back and shoulders are feeling it.
Wade,
Is it your aspirator I saw on Fine Wines? The red one? I'm thinking of going this route - I've seen a few on ebay. Can you advise on what capacity or what specs I should be looking at? Is it okay to use these for racking wine, given what their previous lives may have entailed?> :s
Thanks!
Michael

actually tom beer is my drink of choice mostly and yeah i like coors light BUT
i would have to say Guiness is one of my favorites
chocolate oatmeal just sounds odd to me
would most likely try it if i ever had the chance though
Some would say the same about Guiness :s . That being said all our tastes are different. Thats why there are so many Beers and Wine. I wouldn't knock any beer just because it may sound or taste different.

Thats the one and I love it. As far as being usd for racking wine its fine as nothing contacts your wine besides your racking hoses. Nothing goes through the motor or anything like that. Its just a vacuum being pulled from 1 carboy to another and thats it.
6260.jpg

2.jpg

Some would say the same about Guiness :s . That being said all our tastes are different. Thats why there are so many Beers and Wine. I wouldn't knock any beer just because it may sound or taste different.
I wasn't knocking the beer just commenting that it was different and I have never tried any. I am willing to give it a try so expect company.:b :d

Last edited:
OMG - that's a portable suction unit - used for medical purposes (I won't elaborate, but I was a respiratory therapist in another lifetime). Funny

I bought a hand pump thingy for filtering wine from EC Kraus - it is identical to the pump devices used for bug spray (I would still have needed the filter device and pads).

With the pump like mine all you do is buy a whole house filter that are sold at Walmart or Home Depot for about $25 and put it in between the 2 carboys or between the carboy and a bottle. Do not use carbon filters though as it will remove much flavor also. With te pump like mine you can rack from the floor up to so you dont have to pick up a full carbpy and thats important to me as I have a bad back.

With the pump like mine all you do is buy a whole house filter that are sold at Walmart or Home Depot for about $25 and put it in between the 2 carboys or between the carboy and a bottle. Do not use carbon filters though as it will remove much flavor also. With te pump like mine you can rack from the floor up to so you dont have to pick up a full carbpy and thats important to me as I have a bad back.

not only your back wade but also the problem with sloshing around and stirring up sediment which ive done and had to wait an extra week to rack cuz i saw so much new stuff floating around

with your pump the only thing you would have to move is the pump and the empty carboy

anyways i like it looks like it works good

I ove it and with a Buon Vino Automatic Auto Bottle Gravity Filler I could also bottle using it. It can do everything, rack up or down hill, degas, filter and bottle. Now if I can only think of a way for it to pick all my fruit Ill be in heaven!

Back