Show Off Your Homemade Equiptment

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nubz

Boozer
Reaction score
got the idea for this thread from a comment by Arcticsid in a post

so show off your homemade wine making equipment
doesn't matter what it was or how small of a piece it is I'm just curious what people have done or used

ill start
this is my primary........ it is a 5 gallon food grade bucket that i poked a hole in the top of and use some hose from the sprayer we replaced on the sink this spring stuck in it going into a mason jar with water in it for an airlock(i like to keep it covered we have ants and flies around here in the summer time so i just take the top off once a day and stir it up good during the first week)
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/album.php?albumid=39&pictureid=225

this is my secondary........a 3 gallon water cooler jug with the rest of the sprayer hose and a little glass milk bottle wired on to the handle for my airlock
(i haven't gotten farther yet but I've tested using a turkey baster to empty the water from the bottle when i would need to rack it and i can get all the water out except a drizzle that doesn't amount to anything)
http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/album.php?albumid=39&pictureid=238

so far I've spent nothing but time and around $9 or so on the carboy/water jug

my next idea is adding a spigot to the bucket to make racking simpler
already checked out the parts just haven't bought them yet or got the ambition to do it yet

why i did this all myself instead of buying it all is it made it more fun for me
especially when i showed it all to a friend and got nice comments on it

anyway have fun with this thread and like i said even if you've only make something tiny it doesn't matter post it and join in

Great

This sounds like a great proposal (where I am living there is no access to wine making supplier, so I am always looking for alternative ways to accomplish things.

BTW - did you know that you have a bug on your name / address field? :)

This sounds like a great proposal (where I am living there is no access to wine making supplier, so I am always looking for alternative ways to accomplish things.

BTW - did you know that you have a bug on your name / address field? :)
lol yes i know the bug is there

very simple to do what i did and probably better ways to do it
but every thing except the 3 gallon water jug is stuff i had laying around

I havent made any wne stuff with the exception of my aspirator vacuum pump that I turned into a wine degasser and racking pump but I have made a few beer making tools. No pics today though as Im in bad shape from picking raspberries for about 3 1/2 hours and now my back and shoulders are feeling it.

post them when and if you want to wade wouldnt matter if it was beer stuff to me
im just interested in what people come up with

and about the berries
i spent a few hours picking blueberries(not all of them are quite ready yet but the birds are beating me to some of the better ones)and got some rasberries also
sort of funny we did the same thing today

I have my DIY projects complete with step by step photo's on my web-log as they are a bit extensive to describe here. All can be done by anyone. No extensive materials/equipment needed. Just household stuff.

First is a bucket sieve:
http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2008/03/bouw-een-emmerzeef-building-bucket.html

Next is a coarse filter/sieve:
http://wijnmaker.blogspot.com/2009/03/grof-filter-zelfbouwen-build-your-own.html

I have several other comming up like and anti-foam waterlock, an aid for filling nylon stockings, a press made from buckets and some more.
All finished projects I am just lacking time to publish them.

So act as a good winemaker and have patience.

Luc

I trawl secondhand shops and the local ebay site for my stuff.. mostly second hand, that just needed a good clean, before putting to use.

Allie

Here is my Mash Lauter Tun.
MLT.jpg

BallCheck.jpg

Manifold.jpg

Here is my Brew Sculpture.
Brewsculpture.jpg

do i dare ask what that is for Wade or is it beer related? lol

do i dare ask what that is for Wade or is it beer related? lol
Now that is BEER related. Its a all grain setup. Ita also a real cool looking one.
Question is if Wade has made anything since it looks so clean.

Only 1 batch with the sculpture. I mentioned in a post above that one that the only home made equipment I have made was for beer. I am to busy with all the wine stuff right now but once that chills out a little i will be doing some more all grain. Im also looking at a 15 gallon brew pot from someone on the brewing forum as I always slip and do the boil over.

In about a week I will keg my 10 gallons of Chocolate Oatmeal Stout.. Hmm... a LIQUID breakfast drink :)

When you get some time try it. Nothing like smelling the oatmeal in the mash... HMmmm......

Now Now... DON'T knock it until you TRIED it !
Chocolate Oatmeal Stout is a great beer :b :b

You must be a Bud or Coors light kind of guy OR a non beer drinker.

I agree, there have been a few beers that I said sounded disgusting along with many many wines and most of them have surprised me. I thought wheat beer sounded natsy and now its my favorite beer!

You must be a Bud or Coors light kind of guy OR a non beer drinker.

actually tom beer is my drink of choice mostly and yeah i like coors light BUT
i would have to say Guiness is one of my favorites

chocolate oatmeal just sounds odd to me
would most likely try it if i ever had the chance though

actually tom beer is my drink of choice mostly and yeah i like coors light BUT
i would have to say Guiness is one of my favorites

chocolate oatmeal just sounds odd to me
would most likely try it if i ever had the chance though

If you can buy it there.. try and get hold of a bottle of Fullers London Porter..

rich, dark and chocolate malt flavours.. you will love it.... alternatively a kilkenny ale is about the same price and richness of a guiness.

Allie

Latest posts

Back