Shout out to the Christains

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jags

Taste tester
Reaction score
Thank you for Santa Clause, he was very good to me this year. I got home from work yesterday to a late present (backordered). I've saved almost every cork that me and swmbo have drank since we've been living together (almost 5 years) and this seems like the perfect place to store them.

glas2.JPG

Looks great! I almost thought it was a photoshop edited image at first. Is it one of the acrylic ones?

No photoshop, I'm not that skilled. Yes to acrylic. We saw a similar one at Three Fox Vineyards back in October and I had a fit about wanting one and she pulled the old,"you don't need that", then found me one. The same company makes a martini glass that size and now she wants one of those.

Thank you for Santa Clause, he was very good to me this year. I got home from work yesterday to a late present (backordered). I've saved almost every cork that me and swmbo have drank since we've been living together (almost 5 years) and this seems like the perfect place to store them.

Now let me see........How many bottles is that ?????

My, My we are modest aren't we :D

Great gift though.

Luc

she pulled the old,"you don't need that", then found me one.
Ha ha! My SWMBO and Parents-In-law bought me an Edinburgh Crystal Decanter for my port and a great corkscrew for Xmas. Looking back I mentioned both of them in passing months ago.:)

That is so cool. I need one of those. I save all of my corks as well and put them in a wicker basket. That glass is totally cool though.

Smurfe :)

We haven't counted them yet although I did try to goad her into betting how many are there. I see us one night in front of the tv with piles of them spread over the livingroom floor. I've been using cellartracker.com for a year and we drank 252 bottles in 2006 (that includes parties we threw) but we've been doing more wine every year so I'm guessing 600 corks.

Now that is one heck of a GREAT gift!

All of my requests for wine supplies or stuff I guess went in Santa's ears and out the other. Oh well, but just as soon as our local store opened, I was in the front door, handing a bottle of my first batch to the owner and buying my next kit (Vintner Reserve - Pinot Noir by WineExperts).

Latest posts

Back