Yes that is an option, lets look at it;Yes, another option is I could fill it with wine and make it the first bottle we drink.
Seriously. Food poisoning from a wee bit of dried wine?Yes that is an option, lets look at it;
food poison, trip to ER , days of missed work, times number of people drinking from the bottle, and labor of cleaning that bottle. cost = $$$$$
cost of new bottle, $1.00
Its your choice.
This works great and just water & salt works also if it's not to stuck on . In the carboys I use cleaner and salt .Another way kinda like the rice thing. Put some ice in the bottle then add salt. Whirl it around for a while. Works on carboys too, but you need some muscle to wrestle them around.