Should I add more k-meta?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Val-the-Brew-Gal

Magickal Cat Wines
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently made a batch of Dragon Blood. I went through all the regular end of fermentation steps, including degassing with my AIO, and then added SuperKleer. As anyone who uses the product knows, it usually clears wine within just a few days. However, I'm 2 weeks in and it hasn't cleared much at all. I don't think I did anything wrong with the procedure for clearing as I've done it at least a hundred times, but who knows. Anyway, I don't have the luxury of just giving it time to clear as I need it for an event in a couple weeks. I'm in the process of adding another dose of the fining agent so my question is, should I add another 1/4 tsp. of k-meta too just to be safe?

I recently made a batch of Dragon Blood. I went through all the regular end of fermentation steps, including degassing with my AIO, and then added SuperKleer. As anyone who uses the product knows, it usually clears wine within just a few days. However, I'm 2 weeks in and it hasn't cleared much at all. I don't think I did anything wrong with the procedure for clearing as I've done it at least a hundred times, but who knows. Anyway, I don't have the luxury of just giving it time to clear as I need it for an event in a couple weeks. I'm in the process of adding another dose of the fining agent so my question is, should I add another 1/4 tsp. of k-meta too just to be safe?
What kind of DB? Any chance it’s pectic haze? I don’t think you would need more k-meta.

What kind of DB? Any chance it’s pectic haze? I don’t think you would need more k-meta.

It's a grape and triple berry 2:1. It's not pectin haze as this is 30 minutes after adding the chitosan part of the SuperKleer. I won't worry about extra k-meta if you think it should be fine. 😊

Attachments

• 20200810_225503.jpg
    20200810_225503.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 24
Another 50 probably isn’t needed, but it won’t hurt anything either. 100 ppm of total SO2 is below most everyone’s sensory level. If it were mine, I’d add a 1/2 dose a day before bottling when I do my final racking.

Latest posts

Back