Shop N Save $.48 per pound peaches

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We recently had the Chambersburg peaches (month ago) and they were juicy sweet and dripping with juice. Yesterday I bought some peaches from Calif. and their brick hard. Suppose they picked them in March.

Fruits a gamble sometimes.

I'll have to check them out. Usually when produce is that cheap their ready to spoil.

Yeah - that is why i need to get them, destone, 1/4 them and freeze until i am ready to make the wine.

We recently had the Chambersburg peaches (month ago) and they were juicy sweet and dripping with juice. Yesterday I bought some peaches from Calif. and their brick hard. Suppose they picked them in March.

Fruits a gamble sometimes.

I'll have to check them out. Usually when produce is that cheap their ready to spoil.

Are your "rock hard" peaches cold? or were they in cold storage at all?

Room temperatures and they had no flavor. Very disappointing since earlier they were awesome.

Steve,
how do you prepare, do you slice and crush them, if so do you need a crusher?

Room temperatures and they had no flavor. Very disappointing since earlier they were awesome.

Lay them out in the sun for a day or two, roll them when the skins get warm to the touch - i did this with my first batch of peaches and they were juicier than juicy.

Just got off the phone with my mom, she says they generally pick them slightly early because they bruise so easy during shipping. A day or two more in the sun should bring the peaches to life.

Latest posts

Back