RJ Spagnols Shlef life of Breezen' kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wvbrewer

Reaction score
I was wondering what is the expected or average shelf life of these kits? I mean the wine is going fast, but we put a few bottles back for later to see if they change. I know they won't change much I don't think. We were just wondering about it.

Thanks All,
Dave

I had heard the taste will begin to deminish after a year but I have wine over two years old that is just as good as it was at six months. Wade will tell you he has some I think over three years old that is still good.

Cool, That is good to know. I know these are not high end kits, but they still are a lot of work. I am thinking of trying some new varities so I won't worry so much if my supply backs up some.

Thanks
Dave

Oh, Okay I read about that before. I did not do that with any of mine, but I may in future if it helps them to keep longer. I better start that VH peach though before I get any other kit.

Thanks
Dave

The ones I have made tend to taste better after ageing for at least a month, but are still enjoyable straight out of the carboy. I had some WE Island Mist wines that didn't taste quite as crisp and bright after 1.5 years. Maybe it just depends on white or red kit and the artificial flavor?

The better conditions under which you store the summer wines, the longer they can last. However, they are very thin and not intended to last much over a year.

I have made 5 summer wine kits so far and enjoyed every one. Since I have lots of wine drinking friends, the wines never last more than 3 or 4 months, anyway.

Do think about bumping the ABV up a little. Most of the summer wine kits from RJ Spagnol at least, can handle it well.

Thanks Everyone, I think I will bump up the alcohol a little on my next one just a little and see how it does. You guys are right though they do not stick around that long. My first kit is almost gone and we are already getting down into the second one. I too have a lot of thirsty friends.

Thanks
Dave

Thanks Everyone, I think I will bump up the alcohol a little on my next one just a little and see how it does. You guys are right though they do not stick around that long. My first kit is almost gone and we are already getting down into the second one. I too have a lot of thirsty friends.

Thanks
Dave
The mist kits are perfect for thirsty friends. Save the good stuff for special occasions.

Latest posts

Back