WineXpert Shiraz/Grenach/Mourvedre

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any update (tasting) I'm planning to buy GSM from Vineco founders series.

No, haven't cracked another bottle of this just yet. I wanted to give it six months which means 2 more months to go. Wine making is so hard!!!!

I have tried a few store-bought versions of this blend and pretty much liked every one. It's not something to drink young though. Look for a something bottled before 2007 anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, I'd love to try this kit after having my first Mourvedre in NM a few months ago. I'll probably wait until you update after opening that bottle :h

Last edited:
Just wanted to provide a final update on the outcome.

The wine is something like 8 months age now, and we started drinking it at the 6 month mark, and we only have a few bottles left. It's very very good in my opinion. I tucked away 6 bottles to age for another year, but even at this stage it's a nice full-bodied and buttery smooth Shiraz. I like it a bit cooler than other styles, maybe 65F. I would definitely make this again (and will).

We liked it so much I was going to start another, but my local FOP shop had a KenRidge Shiraz/Grenache/Mourvedra with a crushed-grape pack so we decided to try that instead. Should be even more full-bodied is my expectation.

Thank you for the update! I started a cellar craft GSM, I think so far it is the wine that's showing the least promise I've made, so I may try the WE one after all.

Just wanted to provide a final update on the outcome.

The wine is something like 8 months age now, and we started drinking it at the 6 month mark, and we only have a few bottles left. It's very very good in my opinion. I tucked away 6 bottles to age for another year, but even at this stage it's a nice full-bodied and buttery smooth Shiraz. I like it a bit cooler than other styles, maybe 65F. I would definitely make this again (and will).

We liked it so much I was going to start another, but my local FOP shop had a KenRidge Shiraz/Grenache/Mourvedra with a crushed-grape pack so we decided to try that instead. Should be even more full-bodied is my expectation.

Glad to hear it.
mine is maybe 4 months old in bottles. I do see a lot of diamonds has formed recently. I do have KFS GSM with grape pack. I did opened small bottle couple of weeks ago and it was still young - but very tasty.

Back