shipping wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is illegal to ship homemade alcoholic beverages unless you are shipping to a lab for analysis. To attempt to ship internationally would violate not only federal and state laws but international laws. It would be better to invite your friend to visit you and enjoy your wines.

You probably would not get caught, however, if a bottle broke, the jig would be up for you and your friend.

I was afraid that was the answer. Unfortunately we will not be able to get together for a while yet. I did like the marinade idea. Marinades can have alcohol in them. Where do they draw the line? Oh well, I guess I will wait.

If I was shipping a liquid in a glass container, I would heat seal it in 4 mil poly just in case it was roughly handled, or if small enough pack the glass inside a wide mouth plastic jar with packing peanuts.
i would look for a six count styrofoam glass container shipping box or I would overwrap it with several layers of bubble wrap, or foam it into a box (window/ door foam.
I would consider reducing the sample size, for lab work 4 oz is plenty, not to mention shipping is expensive
I would vacuum the liquid in the container to remove sloshing sounds.
563B1F35-E7E8-4477-9E67-FCAC9ABD9B06.jpeg

when ever we went fishing on the east coast we always labeled it fishing supplies then ups it would go

Keep in mind if you are not "selling it" your violation would perhaps be viewed as less offensive - IF caught. Now if you are sending a number of bottles, then you are upping the risk. Some countries are really protective of their wine industry.

Latest posts

Back