Shipping Wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
So what is the conclusion on shipping wine(at least as it pertains to the US)?

Somebody brought this up in another thread but couldn't find it. If I remember, the US Post Office says no, but FedEx, or UPS will do it.

Has anyone verified any of this? Not that I am overly concerned, I live in a place where as long as you aren't bothering anyone, almost anything goes.

They ship booze to the "bush" all the time on airplanes, legally, and I don't think it needs to be declared.

Any definitive answers?

IF, someone wanted to send a couple bottles of wine what is a good way to package it. Bubble wrap and shipping peanuts? I would imagine you would want to be damn sure fermentation is done. A popped cork in a package might draw a little more than attention.:D

Troy

I send all my wine via UPS. When asked whats inside I say "juice" or "yeast samples"

It basically is illegal since they dont know who is receiving this alc beverage and could possibly be delivering it to a minor. It is a federal offense if shipped by US Posatl service though and they would be much more likely to do something about it legally then UPS or FedEx would. I have shipped many many many times using UPS and have only had 1 time where 1 of the bottles broke and they opened the box, cleaned up the mess a little and still delived what wasnt broken and that was very recent with a shipment to Mud. I was pretty surprised that they didnt destroy the entire shipment. The funny thing (or not so funny thing) is that it was the 1st time I ever sent out cash instead of a check or money order and they grabbed that also which was in an envelope!:slp:po:m:n:mny. $60 gone in the wind! So I had to send out more but this time was a money order. I am not sure if he still can get any but he was getting me some damn good honey! Yummmmm!

Bet they have a rule. And that is if CASH gets wet by broken wine bottles that they "must" keep the cash and deliver what don't smell like alcohol :slp

I didnt have time to get a check and really wanted to pay him for the super quick service he provided with sending me awesome honey before I even paid him for it!

Wade, if I give you my mailing address will you send me cash too? Save the wine, I'll come get that in person.:b

In all seriousness, they didn't give you any sh$t about the wine? Thats curious.

I seen a thing on TV about chain gangs, I was pretty sure MUD was in the group!! See what you have done!!!

Troy

Last edited:
You're plugging my honey pretty good, Wade. I can get more anytime. Maybe I'll put an ad up in the appropriate forum.

When the cash was gone I was afraid you were going to think I was working you over. I was sick over it.

You can mail order wine and even liquor in some states. It has to be signed for by an adult over 21 yrs. Can't be dropped at the door. A simple phone call to UPS and FedEx would answer this. If I remember Monday I'll give them a call. If it's still up in the air, anyway.

-Mud

Mud, why don't you. alot of the gang likes to make mead, and with Wades endorsement, I don't see any reason you don't post that. Sorry about the chain gang statement, but the guy did look like you..well at least resembled your avatar!LOL

That was me. I was once arrested for tax evasion. And that's not an avatar, it's my 6th grade picture.

I'll double check prices and iron out a few other details before posting it up. I was just waiting for a while until getting familiar with the forum.

-good lookin' Mud

You're plugging my honey pretty good, Wade. I can get more anytime. Maybe I'll put an ad up in the appropriate forum.

When the cash was gone I was afraid you were going to think I was working you over. I was sick over it.

You can mail order wine and even liquor in some states. It has to be signed for by an adult over 21 yrs. Can't be dropped at the door. A simple phone call to UPS and FedEx would answer this. If I remember Monday I'll give them a call. If it's still up in the air, anyway.

-Mud

You bring up a good point!
There are many "wine of the Month" clubs. I'm betting it all shipped via UPS
Can anyone confirm this?

That was me. I was once arrested for tax evasion. And that's not an avatar, it's my 6th grade picture.

I'll double check prices and iron out a few other details before posting it up. I was just waiting for a while until getting familiar with the forum.

-good lookin' Mud
6TH grade? I think not. You look older than 10-11 y/o in that avatar :a1

BTW where in PA R U?

He's busting your chops everyone! As far as shipping wine out you have to be bonded to do so.

Wade's right. If you google "inbreeding" you'll find my avatar picture. :slp
I'm in Susquehanna County.

I can just picture all my people here trying to see Mud in the movie Deliverance!

It's in my very nature to comment on this, but, I think I'll sit this one out!!LOL

Latest posts

Back