Shew. Bottled 19 bottles last night!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deboardfam

Reaction score
I had been too busy to bottle a few so ended up with a one gal batch of apple cherry and a 3 gal batch of strawberry riesling that needed bottled. Luckily I had my 2 year old son to help me with the corks. He was having so much fun. Ended up bottling 19 bottles all in one night with a regular corker (havent got a floor corker yet). Im wore out!

Good reason to invest in a floor corker.

Yeah - my son and daughter have found an interest in it.

They like to use the crusher and press. They also like helping with the acid tests - they think it is magic when it turns colors :h.

You ought to try bottling 18 gallons with one of those corkers at once, thats when I decided to buy a floor corker.

Thats probably the one I have but dont use anymore, just here in case of emergency.

Chris, father's day is coming up in a couple of weeks, sounds like B wants to get daddy a floor corker.

Now see how you progressed. I bet you never thought you would be looking into a floor corker so soon. Once you use it you will be making MORE wine. LOL
:try

I agree bruce... floor corker would be sweet.. I am trying to stock up on some wines so I can get some aging.

I don't mind bottling with the Port Hand Corker. It works out pretty well. A floor corker would be nice for the 25+ gallons I have sitting in carboys now. Might have to start hinting for fathers day.....

I also use a hand corker, the red one. A 5 gallon batch is not too bad once you get a system going, but in a month or so I'm going to have several batches of strawberry and blackberry. A floor corker would be nice.
My biggest problem with my hand corker is I don't get a good uniform pattern of corks being inserted into the bottle.

Latest posts

Back