She likes it!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

my wine

Write your epic; live your dream
Reaction score
Back in the spring, I made a WE Trinity Red that didn't turn out due to issues in the kit. WE gave me a replacement kit which turned out very well. And I had 6 gallons of not good wine I just couldn't throw out. After trying a few things and partially succeeding, I had 6 gallons of sweet, low alcohol wine left that wasn't very good to drink. I was able to use roughly 3 gallons of that in blending and topping off other kits. And the other 3 gallons I racked down into 2, 1 gallon carboys and the rest in whatever bottles I could find to store it in.

Now each of these 2, 1 gallon bottles with reject wine started taunting me. I took one, added a tsp of dark, instant coffee (ala joeswine) and let that sit for a month. In the other I added a couple tablespoons of cacao powder and 1/2 tsp of almond extract and let that sit for a month.

Last night, I poured about 3 oz of each and my wife and I sampled both. She REALLY liked the chocolate wine! The coffee wine was very good too. But the chocolate wine won the most praise. Now I know what to do with the other bottles of reject wine. :db:try

Good job! I added some chocolate syrup to a bodiless Merlot; I didn't leave it long but it improved the really not so good wine. Now I have cacao nibs sitting in vodka for future wine tweaks.

Latest posts

Back