Setting Up The Laundry Area For Wine Prep

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I brought in the new carboys, cleaned them all up. Racked 2 kits out of primary and a 3 gallon Dragon's blood off of sparkalloid.

What a difference. I've spent hours racking a couple of kits and today was quick, smooth, and easy. I ordered a little lift cart, but the sent me a table instead so I used a little carpeted dolly to transfer from my room to the laundry area. Just a pleasure in comparison to trying to clean things out in the kitchen sink and bringing everything out into the main area.

The backsplash really threw a wrench into my plans. I decided to put a pot filler in the kitchen. It's been a strong maybe, but the laundry is behind the kitchen sink so If I put up a backsplash all future mods are out.

I also have a new rangetop ordered and might need to put makeup air in the wall, as well, so I can't complete the backsplash until I get that plan sorted.

I am going to install under cabinet lights tomorrow (Can't change my mind after I add a backsplash!) and I have some other gadgets that will be delivered tomorrow. That will be most of it finished other than the backsplash. I'll post updated pictures once I get it all wrapped up
IMG_20220526_215509.jpg

Last edited:
Alright. So things are still coming along. I have more holes in the wall than before, so that's great.

I installed the under cabinet lights, and switch Friday.

You know all the great ideas I was trying to find.. Well, I came up with one of my own. A permanent ready to go bottle washer. Its a glass washer, which I have no idea how it improves that process, but with a little ingenuity it's a bottle rinser!
IMG_20220529_125455.jpg
IMG_20220529_125502.jpgIMG_20220529_125512.jpg
The felt mats are rubber on the bottom. Good to absorb water while protecting the counter from carboys. Dampens the sounds and the sense of impending damage. No need to pull them up and wipe underneath afterwards with the rubber bottom.

Still deciding on the make up air, but should have before and afters to complete the thread soon.

Love she glass washer attachment. I made a note of it for my wine lab. Not so sure about leaving the mats on when they’re wet underneath though. Seems like a good place for nasties to grow.
The mats don't get wet underneath. The top is an absorbent felt. the bottom is rubber. It's perfect for all the standard splatter, overspray, etc. Not gonna handle a big slosh or a spill, but no need to pull them up if everything goes to plan.

Alright. So things are still coming along. I have more holes in the wall than before, so that's great.

I installed the under cabinet lights, and switch Friday.

You know all the great ideas I was trying to find.. Well, I came up with one of my own. A permanent ready to go bottle washer. Its a glass washer, which I have no idea how it improves that process, but with a little ingenuity it's a bottle rinser!
View attachment 88977
View attachment 88978View attachment 88979
The felt mats are rubber on the bottom. Good to absorb water while protecting the counter from carboys. Dampens the sounds and the sense of impending damage. No need to pull them up and wipe underneath afterwards with the rubber bottom.

Still deciding on the make up air, but should have before and afters to complete the thread soon.
Nice nipple Vinny.

Latest posts

Back