Setting Up The Laundry Area For Wine Prep

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinny

Mildly Amused
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got started on the counter area in that laundry today. Just posting the pics to give others ideas.

First... The before pictureIMG_20220520_145015.jpg
Then.. Some disassembly and minor smashing
IMG_20220520_152023.jpg
IMG_20220520_161928.jpg
I added a second outlet above the counter and cleaned up my lazy water supply line hookup and levelled the machines to the same height.
IMG_20220520_171601.jpg
I started about 3pm and decided to call it quits around 5

Then I decided I wanted to see the counter installed, just a quick cut and I can slide it in.. Right?
IMG_20220520_214222.jpg

Sure! Also just a quick cut to drop the sink in. Might as well...
IMG_20220520_220840.jpg
I went with a 25" sink in a 24 inch cabinet. Tomorrow I will have to modify it and put everything back together, hook up the drain and water lines and that should have it all wrapped up. I'm going to be around $700 for the sink, faucet, and counter, and I figure around 6 hours once I button it all up.

Last edited:
Then I decided I wanted to see the counter installed, just a quick cut and I can slide it in.. Right?
View attachment 88590

Sure! Also just a quick cut to drop the sink in. Might as well...
View attachment 88591
I went with a 25" sink in a 24 inch cabinet. Tomorrow I will have to modify it and put everything back together, hook up the drain and water lines and that should have it all wrapped up. I'm going to be around $700 for the sink, faucet, and counter, and I figure around 6 hours once I button it all up.
That's a real clever use of the space. Now if you can just get the washer and dryer out of there ............. 😁

So far, WAY better.

The sink is actually functional. Fits both primary fermenters and carboys.
IMG_20220521_172132.jpg
IMG_20220521_175416.jpg
The sprayer will lift 5 inches up above its holder, so about 10 inches above where it sits here. The second faucet on the stem will allow me to connect my carboy wand and bottle washer. I am considering a separate bottle washer. To be continued...
IMG_20220521_175422.jpg
IMG_20220521_175501.jpg

Last edited:
I was going to wrap it up today, but I was TOLD I need a back splash because I'm just going to spray water all over the wall and it will ALWAYS have water marks on it.

Do you guys ever get a chance to make the mess before you're told you're gonna make one?

Anyhow, off to the hardware store again!

I wish I knew that was part of my plan earlier...

Last edited:
Rarely, but I find it is not worth it. ;)
How is one supposed to learn?

I just find it funny that I can be trusted to rip everything apart, install the sink and countertop, complete it 100%. Even clean up after myself, but I'm not likely to use the sink correctly. 😆

It is, however, just easier to go get a backsplash.

I just find it funny that I can be trusted to rip everything apart, install the sink and countertop, complete it 100%. Even clean up after myself, but I'm not likely to use the sink correctly. 😆

If it makes you feel any better, I thought I could stir and pour nicely ... and I now have wine/must droplet stains on my laundry room curtains.

Old picture of my wine making area:
0F9A577E-43D8-4E9D-A27E-5F7D6A62EF9A.jpeg

If it makes you feel any better, I thought I could stir and pour nicely ... and I now have wine/must droplet stains on my laundry room curtains.

Old picture of my wine making area:
View attachment 88640

"Droplets"????? You make me sound like real slob! I usually wind up with wine, must and Kmeta on my table and on the floor. 😄

I did learn -- to accept that I will be told I'll make a mess.

My self-awareness says, "install the backsplash 'cuz you KNOW you're going to make a mess." 😆

We bottled a Riesling and Chardonnay yesterday, and no matter how careful we are, we make a mess. Don't need to mop the floor 'cuz it gets wiped regularly!

Back