Serving Temperature Suggestions?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiraNapa

Junior
Reaction score
Does anyone have tips for what temperatures white and red wine should be served at?

We wrote a blog post with a few rules-of-thumb, but we'd love to hear your thoughts. What's your ideal serving temperature?

Cheers,
Mira

Just my personal preference but I like my dry reds at room temp., approx. 65 degrees and my whites cooler. I will put my whites in the fridge for 30 minutes or so, at a starting temp. of 65. Probably 55'ish or so when taken out of fridge.

For the most part, I agree with W4F, but I would add that is really does come down to the specific wine I am drinking.

A Riesling, for example, to me screams "Cold, Cold, Cold" while a nice chardonnay whispers "chill, chill, chill".

I also agree with previous posts. be forewarned if red wine is to cold it may taste bitter due to tannin conversely to warm say about 70deg or higher may increase alcohol taste. I keep my wine cooler at 55 deg with reds on top and whites on bottom.

Back