Quantcast

Server Maintenance?

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
I am frequently (but not always) getting an error message when trying to read certain threads/posts that 'much needed server maintenance' is going on and the site should be back within 2 hours. Anyone else?

sour_grapes

Victim of the Invasion of the Avatar Snatchers
Reaction score
Yup! Seems to have happened, as best I can tell, in two large chunks of time...

pgentile

Still learning
Reaction score
I am frequently (but not always) getting an error message when trying to read certain threads/posts that 'much needed server maintenance' is going on and the site should be back within 2 hours. Anyone else?
I think that message is now caught in cache somewhere. I get it but hitting refresh brings up the correct page.

mainshipfred

WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Plus I'm getting more advertisements then ever before. Even when I opt out they keep coming back. From what I've read the advertisements seem to be the issue.

pillswoj

Canadian Member
Reaction score
Earlier this morning I was getting invalid certificates, when I checked them they were ratshackingforum.com or something like that. Was the forum hacked?

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Plus I'm getting more advertisements then ever before. Even when I opt out they keep coming back. From what I've read the advertisements seem to be the issue.
I've asked that one particular ad not be shown again and have tried every reason - it continues to show up. I need to get back into 'supporter' status anyway, but this is getting old.

Ajmassa

just a guy
Reaction score
I've asked that one particular ad not be shown again and have tried every reason - it continues to show up. I need to get back into 'supporter' status anyway, but this is getting old.
I’m not sure if it’s because I donated and am a “forum supporter” or because I use the app 90% of the time, but I have absolutely no issues on my end whatsoever- Aside from that little 12 hour catnap the site took.
Silver lining? We got our ‘split rock meetup’ group text goin again!

WinoDave

Reaction score
I use my iPhone and I get pop ups saying I won from Amazon.