Sell me on the All in One Wine Pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Broke down and ordered one the other day but I forgot to order headspace illuminater kicking myself for it that's one thing I can use a few of!:HB Now if I can tear myself away from the outside work to use it! I will need to use it with in the next week or so..

@ barbiek
If you order the headspace eliminator this morning - I will still have time to ship them out today.

Let me know if you have any questions after you get your Allinonewinepump.

So it's ok to pick up SOME lees during racking that get transferred over? I've been racking in such a way that NO lees get transferred, but then, I'm leaving behind nearly a gallon of wine every time... That's going to stop right now even if I'm picking up some lees.

I went ahead and ordered my All in One. Really looking forward to getting it and I have 6 and a half gallons of Tropical Daze here waiting to be racked!

Thanks for all your help guys!

So it's ok to pick up SOME lees during racking that get transferred over? I've been racking in such a way that NO lees get transferred, but then, I'm leaving behind nearly a gallon of wine every time... That's going to stop right now even if I'm picking up some lees.

I went ahead and ordered my All in One. Really looking forward to getting it and I have 6 and a half gallons of Tropical Daze here waiting to be racked!

Yep. First and second racking especially. Ideally, you're leaving more behind than your picking up though. Don't sweat it too much. My first few batches, I lost a LOT of wine due to inexperience. You start to get a system down to minimize the losses the more you do. The pump is certainly a big help. All I do now is use the racking cane with the tip on it and most of the sediment is left behind.

As Jim said, a little each time is okay as every time you do it, less and less lees will be left behind each time you rack. I also use one of these reusable coffee filters to filter down until it's mostly sludge. (when it's all sludge, it's not worth the time)

61%2BfBvsNyIL._SY355_.jpg

They cost around $2.99 at your local grocery story. (pour some until it clogs, dump and rise it, then do it again) When I use my siphon I get it as low as possible to the lees, but I can't get all of it. Then I just pour the top of what's left through this and I've easily pulled 32-64 more ounces of wine out of the bottom that normally would have been tossed (or sipped on of course! :h ) It really lowers the amount of wine I need to top off in the new carboy.

Just don't forget to soak it in k-meta sanitizing solution for at least two minutes before hand.

Last edited:
@vacuumpumpman shoot! Didn't get back on till now oh well always a day late and a dollar short lol thank you steve

Last edited:
Thanks Steve! Have a couple on the way! Have a feeling I'll be ordering a couple more too! Your number one customer service! Thanks again!

I received my pump along with headspace eliminators the other day along with the orders from filters fast the same day! Timing was impeccable I was able to unpack everything late last night. Now I can rack!:h

Ok few questions:

You leave the pump on the entire time, right?

What happens if you fill your carboy entirely (no headspace) and suck some air into it?

Should I ever be using the inline valve (or whatever it's called) while racking?

I know I could just call Steve, but I have social anxiety (among other issues) and talking to people on the phone just really isn't my thing. Thanks for your patience.

You leave the pump on the entire time, right?

While racking and bottling: Yes. With the Headspace Eliminator, once you have drawn the vacuum, I turn it off and disconnect. No reason to keep on for weeks.

What happens if you fill your carboy entirely (no headspace) and suck some air into it?

Do you mean suck air into the full carboy? Or, suck wine into the vacuum line?

In either case, try not to do it. I rack the first gallon into a separate glass jug. Then, rack the balance. The trick is not stopping when you are close to the sediment so you don't backwash and stir it up.

Then, I pour the 1st gallon into the receiving carboy.

Should I ever be using the inline valve (or whatever it's called) while racking?

I use it with the 1st gallon into the gallon jug to slow the transfer and stop it when the jug gets close to full.

No it has not

Ha, dang... I just hopped on this thread to ask the same question, as I'm thinking it's time for one. Saw there was a box for coupons when ordering and was hoping there was an active one out there somewhere. I need to rack one batch and start another soon, so the racking and lugging of multiple carboys has pushed me over the edge...

Latest posts

Back