WineXpert Selection Spanish Tempranillo w/Grape Skins

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered this kit :) Anyone tried it? Comments?

Cheers

It's a real favorite at my house. I have made it twice. OUTSTANDING dinner wine with wonderful black pepper notes. Sadly, I won't be making it anymore. I am boycotting WE because of their price fixing policies. I will look for alternatives.

Roger80465 Same here. I've bought my last WE kit as long as WE continues their price fixing policy. Haven't made this kit yet but I did buy one before the price fix took effect. We should start a thread on competitive kits that are similar to each of the WE kits so that those of us making the switch have pointers on replacements.

I'm on the other side of the fence. Compared to the RJS winery series kits or even the RQ's (all with skins of some sort), it just doesn't measure up at this point. perhaps 18 months is too soon for this kit. most of my other kits have all impressed in a shorter time frame. didn't care for the WE petit verdot in the same series. good but lacking the wow factor. i recently bottled the brunello but at only 12 months, too early to say just yet

cheers

Thanks everyone! I bought the kit just in time, before they discontinued it :) Started it last night.

Question about the grapeskins - When I put the grapeskins in that mesh nylon bag that came with the kit, I squeezed the juice out of the skins just before adding the bag to the fermenter. I did this while holding it over the fermenter, so all of the juice went in the pale. Was this the correct thing to do?

Cheers

That's sort of what I do, except that I put it in the juice and work the heck out of it to get all (or most) of the sugar out so my starting SG is higher and measurable. I hope you sanitized your hands.

Latest posts

Back