WineXpert Selection Originale White Merlot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo46307

Reaction score
I just picked this kit up today...I tasted a sample a couple of months ago at the shop, pretty tasty. It ended up winning a silver at the Indianapolis show this summer. I'll keep everyone updated on the status.

Peace,
Bob

I traded a wine maker awhile ago and received a bottle of this in return and thought it was pretty darn good.

:u

This wine is my first ever "volcano". While degassing with the mix-stir drill attachment, all of the sudden it just started to foam...and didn't stop. :slp

I didn't loose too much wine, but it's definitely de-gassed.:d

Peace,
Bob

It's not clearing as fast as some of the other kits I've done...but it tastes quite good. It's the first "off dry" wine I've done, and it seems like it will be a good early drinker. I'm going to let it sit a couple more weeks, to see how it clears.

I just picked up a German Muller-Thurgau (another off-dry), so I'll start a new post when I pitch the yeast.

Peace,
Bob

I just picked up a German Muller-Thurgau (another off-dry), so I'll start a new post when I pitch the yeast.

I made one of these kits awhile ago. As a matter of fact I turned it in to the winemaker magazine contest and won a silver medal with it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

I find W.E. kits to usually have a hard time clearing, It usually does clear up but can take ay more time then stated. Sometimes though it will take another finig agent to clear it up. Thats why I dont even use their fining agent anymore. I use SuperKleer or nothing at all.

Just got finished bottling it. It still didn't clear, so I used SuperClear, and that took care of it. This was the first kit that didn't clear with the included chemistry...live and learn.

It's a nice dark rose' color, just a bit sweet...should be a good summer wine.

I'll update in a few months.

Peace,
Bob

I just racked mine. it cleared with the fining agent that it came with in about 14 days . Looks fine . I'll bottle it in about 14 days. Wine Expert kits take a little longer because they have a single stage fining. It works, just takes longer. The most expensive but light on fining ingredients, go figure.
God bless, Ed

I just racked mine. it cleared with the fining agent that it came with in about 14 days . Looks fine . I'll bottle it in about 14 days. Wine Expert kits take a little longer because they have a single stage fining. It works, just takes longer. The most expensive but light on fining ingredients, go figure.
God bless, Ed

I started the WE white Merlot on 8/16/10 and i just botlled it on 10/30/10. Everthing came out ok and the wine is a little young still, but the taste was pretty good. I did not have an issue with the clearing. The fining agent that came with the kit worked great. It was aged in the carboy for 8 weeks. I had two bottles over the weekend with friends and they liked it a lot.

WE kits say to stir up everything and not rack to properly clear. I think the bentonite at bottom must need to be stirred back in to help do the job

Latest posts

Back