WineXpert Selection Original LE Pacific Quartet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished racking mine a 2nd time and added the F-pack. I can't wait. I've had good success with white wine kits being very drinkable early.

Can you post your SG number before and after the f-pack.

I fermented to dry before adding the F-pack. I'll check the SG later today after adding the F-pack.

NVM i wrote it down after adding to the sheet I keep on my wines. SG was ~1.006-8. I measured in my bucket at an angle so it was hard to get an exact reading but that's close.

Last edited:
I fermented to dry before adding the F-pack. I'll check the SG later today after adding the F-pack.

NVM i wrote it down after adding to the sheet I keep on my wines. SG was ~1.006-8. I measured in my bucket at an angle so it was hard to get an exact reading but that's close.

If you have the SG prior to adding the f-pack let me know. :)

If you have the SG prior to adding the f-pack let me know. :)

I didn't take the final gravity to be honest. It had fermented strongly for 2 weeks then stopped for several days before I did this. My assumption is it fermented dry to 1.0 or less. The yeast was 1116 which is very vigorous.

Just tasted it. I agree it was slightly sweeter than expected but you can tell it will be a very good wine. If you prefer dryer wines maybe only use a portion of the F-Pack and store the rest adding some meta to keep it sanitized.

Thanks, that is why I wanted to know the final gravity before adding the f-pack, in order to better adjust the initial additional of some f-pack in primary.
I tend to like the whites off dry.

I finally got to adding the F-pack for our Quartet. Before F-pack, the SG was 0.992, and after F-pack the SG is 1.002. This F-pack looked and poured much less syrupy than previous F-packs we've used from Winexpert, which I interpret as a good thing :)

At this point I'd call it just "good" but has potential. I get some apple and peach up front with a good amount of acidity on the back end. It needs more time, but it doesn't taste as full body as I read in the descriptions. The Fpack really brought in the fruit flavors, though. Before the Fpack it tasted underwhelming, but still good acidity.

This is my “on-deck” kit and will probably be starting it in a week or two. Having never done a kit with an F-Pack before, I’m leaning to using some in the primary, and some to back sweeten. @Cibb suggests adding K-Met to the unused portion. How much? 2 grains? :) Should it be refrigerated after opening? Frozen? Any details of your experiences are welcome.
As always, I thank you!

Just put mine in the primary the other day. This is the first white I've done. Dunno if it will make a ton of difference but I have it temp controlled at 59 degrees. Will probably take a while to ferment.

This wine should taste crisp,clean and like summer made it two times before.

I'm behind schedule, and just bottled it last weekend. . Darned if there wasn't two glasses left over. It was tasting 'new' but will be a very nice wine by spring/summer. I took the suggestion and added 1/2 F-Pack with primary and added the rest after degassing. Thank goodness for a "goodie-drawer" collection because the included Chitosan was crystallized - luckily I had some to replace it with.

Latest posts

Back