WineXpert Selection Original LE Pacific Quartet

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geek

Still lost.....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw an email about this kit coming out and orders deadline in April.
Wasn't this kit released sometime ago?

Saw an email about this kit coming out and orders deadline in April.
Wasn't this kit released sometime ago?
Yes, LE2013 offered a Pacific Quartet. It was off dry, and came with an F-pac.

It was good, but a bit too sweet for my taste. If I were to do it again, I'd add the f-pac to primary.

anyone has notes on final SG before and after the f-pack?
Based on some of your other posts it looks like you enjoy off-dry whites, so you'd probably like it as they intended. You can add in the f-pack post fermentation a little at a time to find the perfect sweet/dry balance.

Based on some of your other posts it looks like you enjoy off-dry whites, so you'd probably like it as they intended. You can add in the f-pack post fermentation a little at a time to find the perfect sweet/dry balance.

I like off dry and frequently add a bit of the f-pack up front depending on the size of the bag.

I just got the email from Label Peelers today with this kit mentioned. This sounds like a good white wine to me! I did a search on the forum here, and it looks like the kit was released in 2010 and 2013. The 2013 thread didn't mention anything about a finishing SG, but a 2010 thread showed it finish at about 1.002 (https://www.winemakingtalk.com/threads/limited-edition-pacific-quartet.7377/) which is right on the money for whites for me. Hopefully this kit will be the same.

I have mine in queue. Probably won't be starting it until September, though.

How can I turn down a request from a guy that will soon be opening his DR home to the group...? :pic
Kit includes:
EC-1118 and K1-V1116 Yeast, F-Pack, and all the usual stuff. Can't judge the "size of the F-Pack" but looks like ~16 oz or so.

Pacific Quartet.jpg

Last edited:
We pushed this one up in the schedule, and started it last night. Starting SG was 1.082 at 72F, and we swapped in QA23 for this kit.

As others have said on this forum, the new bentonite really sucks to get into solution. It's more like kitty litter than powder now.

I plan to start my kit next week, but I had shoulder surgery an am moving slow. If it wasn’t for my AIO wine pump I wouldn’t be making wine for 6 to 12 months.

Latest posts

Back