WineXpert Selection International Austrailian Chardonnay.

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gonzo46307

Reaction score
I just bottled it...turned out awesome. I would compare it favorably with the Lindeman's I had over the weekend. It's very drinkable right now as is, so I'm sure it will just get better with age...only time will tell.

536316960_tEBKw-M.jpg

536316983_rCZhU-M.jpg

Peace,
Bob

Bob that is some awesome looking clear wine, I have not made any white wine yet, I am strictly a red wine guy, my wife and I do not care for whites, but I was thinking of making a white batch just in case company comes, and some one requests a white, did you filter that batch or did it clear on its own?

Looks good. NOW what's on the radar?
You know once you start drinking it will disappear fast :b

Bob that is some awesome looking clear wine, I have not made any white wine yet, I am strictly a red wine guy, my wife and I do not care for whites, but I was thinking of making a white batch just in case company comes, and some one requests a white, did you filter that batch or did it clear on its own?

It cleared all on it's own, almost exactly according to the time line in the instructions. Watching a white clear is really interesting. Going from a dark-yellowish mass of liquid to the end product was awesome.

Peace,
Bob

Looks good. NOW what's on the radar?
You know once you start drinking it will disappear fast :b

I have another Merlot kit in the primary, and I'm going to do a bigger batch of frozen strawberry this weekend. I also have a small batch of banana that is clearing nicely. I might pick up an Island Mist kit, just to try one out...I haven't decided yet.

It is really tough not to drink them, I still have 25 bottles from my first Merlot kit left. I just keep telling myself, just give it a few months.:b

Peace,
Bob

Looks beautiful! So how long from start until you tasted it and it was drinkable/ decent? Just trying to guage with my white kits when I can start to crack 'em open...:h

Thanks!
Jack

Wow, thats amazing that it cleared without a fining agent in the right time frame according to instructions. The wine gods were on your side there! It looks awesome!

Wow, thats amazing that it cleared without a fining agent in the right time frame according to instructions. The wine gods were on your side there! It looks awesome!

I did use the fining agent that came with the kit (I probably should have specified that), I was still surprised at how clear it got.

Peace,
Bob

Looks beautiful! So how long from start until you tasted it and it was drinkable/ decent? Just trying to guage with my white kits when I can start to crack 'em open...:h

Thanks!
Jack

I bottled it according to the instructions, so 6 weeks from start to finish. I think it's very good already...but again, I'll probably wait a couple of months before I crack another bottle open.

Peace,
Bob

Okay because all on its own means no fining agent so I was very surprised!

Latest posts

Back