WineXpert Selection International Ausie Petit Verdot

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I tasted a split of it tonight. It's getting better. I opened it and decanted about three hours before dinner. It's still not as good as it was at bottling and that's odd to me. I'll check it again in a few months.

That's not odd at all, at least in my experience. The wine can easily take two steps forward, then one back and repeat this over and over again until it gets over 2 years old. Only a few months can make a big difference.

Just read your post on the Petit Verdot. I was inititally disapointed with my PV as well. However, after 26 months I am impressed. The wine is fantastic. My only disapointment is that I began using it to top off newer batches. What a waste.

My wife was very impressed as well and could not tell the different between the PV and commercial wine that we buy for $15 to $22. The most difficult part for me is to wait for 2 years.

My wife was very impressed as well and could not tell the different between the PV and commercial wine that we buy for $15 to $22. The most difficult part for me is to wait for 2 years.

Yeah, as kit makers we want the world.... better than commercial and in less than 6 months!

That $4-$6 a bottle price tag we get has a hidden cost.

FWIW, I made the same mistake of using it to top off other batches. I really don't have a "junk" wine for that any more, all of mine are good to excellent. What a problem to have!

Latest posts

Back