WineXpert Selection Barbaresco started

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb50

Reaction score
Juststarted a WE selection Barbaresco kit, anyone care to comment on their finished and aged one? For those who have done both, how does this compare to Valpolicella?
Dave

This was my first kit!! I bottled towards the end of December, so I have not tasted it yet. I did bottle about six half bottles so I could taste at the 3 month, 6 month, and 9 month out. I have tasted this kit (friends) and it was outstanding!! Once again, I would give it a year in the bottle!!

Goodluck!

Francie

It was my third kit, and has now been aging for about seven months. It has a lighter body than I expected, and doesn't really taste like a Barbaresco to me, but will probably be a pretty good house wine. I don't hold out hopes for anything extraordinary.

I started a batch a while ago. I should bottle it next week or the week after.
Looks good in the carboy!

Thanks to those who gave feedback, I guess not many people here have done this kit. I guess we will find out what they are missing. I'll be sure to give feedback.
Dave

I started my Barberesco kit Monday evening andracked to secondarySaturday morning. Only4 1/2days from an SG of 1.085to 1.000, that wasthe quickestferment I've ever had.
smiley3.gif

Dave

20070401_182100_Barbaresco.jpg

Racked and stabalized the Barberesco, now going to bulk age. It,s a beautiful dark purple, and tastes very good already.
DaveEdited by: DaveB50

Latest posts

Back