seems so surreal....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g8keeper

Mad Scientist
Reaction score
ok....a little background first...i am almost 42 years old...got married in 2003 to a woman that had 2 boys, 7 and 11, when we met....never had any kids of my own...wife left in 2007, but my oldest stepson has remained a part of the family since...i met my current girlfriend, with her 2 teenage sons about 3 years ago and her and her sons moved in with me last year...recently she and i became foster parents to her nephews, who are actually her ex husband's nephews, which she had raised for the first couple of years of their young lives....my oldest stepson, who like i said has remained a part of the family, had moved back to california, and then to ohio for awhile...at the tail end of last year, he and his long time girlfriend, moved back to michigan with some help from my gf and i...well, on xmas day, my stepson and his gf informed me that she was pregnant, and that i was gonna be "grandpa"....shortly there after, we are also informed that my gf's sister is also pregnant and due in september, and that i am gonna be an uncle...now my stepson's girlfriend is due any day now...i am waiting anxiously...so now here i am, a man that has never had any kids of his own, been a step father 1 one set of stepsons, has stepped up and been like a father to my gf's sons (although older boys being 15 and 17 now), a foster dad to 2 young boys (4 and 5), a grandpa to be any day now, and an uncle to be in a copule of months...it really is hard to believe that even though none of this is by blood, this is MY family...not too bad for a man, that had been referred to by his ex-wife to be, as "an 'alcoholic' monster with an anger problem"....lol...so seeing as HER son has stuck around to continue to be part of MY family even after she left and even told me i will be grandpa, and i was able to meet another woman who loves me, whose family adores me, sons seem to respect me (as much as you can get from teenagers at least), i must have done something right....lol...not to mention the fact that when i asked one of the little ones if he wanted me to be "uncle ken" or "daddy ken", he told me "daddy ken"...yeah, i'm really a monster....roflmao....

Ken you're a good guy taking on a lot of responsibility. Lots of children looking up to you for who you are. Keep up the good work and be the example you want them to see you as.

Ken you're a good guy taking on a lot of responsibility. Lots of children looking up to you for who you are. Keep up the good work and be the example you want them to see you as.
thank you, dan....i appreciate the encouragment....i am truly looking forward to being a grandpa soon....lol...like i said, i am expecting the phone call to get to the hospital any time now, basically....lol...it's just funny how life can turn out sometimes....lol...

You are truely blessed and doesn't it make you feel good to know that while the ex-wife wrote you off and I got the feeling she made you feel like you was not a good father, you really are a good father. My husband is not the natural father of my children, nor am I the natural mother to his son.

But my children only look as Mike their father. He was the one who was always there for them, even though their father always had that opportunity. Same with his son.

Congrats, you deserve it

yeah, sounds like you are some kind of monster alright. You have really stepped up to the plate and did an admirable thing for sure. YOu have done very well and should be very proud.

thanks everyone....yes, i am proud, and will be even more proud when my grandson finally gets here...you guys are right, i have stepped to the plate, on many ocassions....i just hope i can continue to do as good of a job as my stepdad has done...:D

Ken, sounds like you have "Brady Bunch" thing going there. Instant clan! Good luck and God bless!

roflmao, rocky.....yeah, you might be right about that....never thought of that....thank you....

God bless and best of luck too you
happy.gif

You sound like a good guy and you're taking a lot of responsibility and that's awesome...because 100 other dudes iny our position wouldn't have done that

God bless and best of luck too you
happy.gif

You sound like a good guy and you're taking a lot of responsibility and that's awesome...because 100 other dudes iny our position wouldn't have done that

ty vs....it seems worth it if i can make a difference in the boys' lives...

Most of my "family" is not blood. Aint it great to be able to pick who gets to be in your family? Congrats on the babies coming soon. Its wonderful to read such heartwarming news :)

Latest posts

Back