Seems nobody in DC has any Fever........

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Or are you guys still in shock about the Nats being in the Series for the first time?

Hoping my 'Stros make it as well or it will be a very boring all East Coast affair...... LOL

We'll be looking for any "tips" for sure!

22007791_10155752191377264_761074454183316284_n.jpg

Very bad time of year to have your bats go silent. Especially with the "juiced" baseballs they use these days.

As a Cardinals fan, I am in mourning today. It's a real shame their bats didn't make it home from the series in Atlanta.

It certainly looks like it is the Nationals year this year. Good for them!!!

Craig, I have a newfound respect for Cardinals fans. How classy were they to give an ovation to the opposing pitcher upon leaving the game even though they were down. I'm not sure I've seen anything like that in any sport. Then even though Matt Adams was a long time Cardinal their appreciation when he entered the game was longer than I would have expected. Finally you saying good for them makes me a Cardinals fan or at least a Cardinal's Fan Fan.

Craig, I have a newfound respect for Cardinals fans. How classy were they to give an ovation to the opposing pitcher upon leaving the game even though they were down. I'm not sure I've seen anything like that in any sport. Then even though Matt Adams was a long time Cardinal their appreciation when he entered the game was longer than I would have expected. Finally you saying good for them makes me a Cardinals fan or at least a Cardinal's Fan Fan.

Thanks, I think here in the MidWest we really do try to remember it is a game after all . We love to win, but we try to lose well. Pretty much the sentiment I hear when teams don't do well around here is they at least put up a good fight and next time we just might win. Well, as long as we aren't playing the hated Chicago Blackhawks. or the Pond Scum Mets.

They dispatched this years Cy Young award winner (more than likely) as well as a future Hall of Fame pitcher (at home no less) and made them both look like Double A ball players.

Will be very interesting to see how Anibal, Patrick and Max (and the bats) perform in the next 3 (or hopefully 2) games. 'Stros are a dangerous team and I never expected to see what I saw the last two nights - certainly not last night. Nats have definitely been hot at the right time and the cohesiveness as a team has been immense. It's been fun to watch. But I'm glad to have a night off. :sl

LOL Craziest Series ever! The Stros' had their shot at it. Congrats to the Nat's for hanging in till the end.

Is anyone else kinda tired of the World Series being turned into nothing more than a home run derby?

LOL Craziest Series ever! The Stros' had their shot at it. Congrats to the Nat's for hanging in till the end.

Is anyone else kinda tired of the World Series being turned into nothing more than a home run derby?

There was some small ball mixed in but I think the Astros were one of the leading home run teams during the regular season so it should have been expected.

It did have it's moments though that will live in infamy..........

maxresdefault.jpg

And who could ever forget this guy.......

washington-nationals-fan-promo.jpg

And then poor Justin Verlander had to go home to this......

VW4dyf7.jpg

Till next year!

Last edited:
Well he was holding $24 worth of crappy Bud Lite......

Plus I think Budweiser flew him out to Houston the next game and capitalized on the viral media sensation of it all.

Latest posts

Back