second slurry?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
when i racked my blackberry tonight, it had cleared alot from the first racking...there was still alot of sludge in the bottom...anyone ever use a "seconds" slurry to make skeeter pee?
the first batch was so good with the blackberry starter, i was wondering if it would be worth it to try and freeze this slurry for another round sometime soon?

I'm not sure you would have enough yeast in there.

gotcha! makes sense! it just looked so good and thick, i wondered...however, i did keep the slurry from the beaujolais i racked tonight, too. there wasn't much and it was MUCH thinner than the blackberry. this is probably typical of a kit slurry? it was dry too...maybe i shouldn't keep it either?

Think about why you add the sorbate. All the yeast is not dead, some is left that is just resting. I have learned this the hard way. There is another post in the beginners forum where the fellow added some sugar to his bottled wine after a year. Shoulda sorbated it too, hard on the wine supply and watch out for the corks when you open the wine cellar door. lol Arne.

Latest posts

Back