Second day of degasing

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tess

Reaction score
I dont think its possible to degas my Dragons Blood. Im about ready to through a box of gasex in it and be done lol I have degassed until my hand cant hold the drill anymore and there just as much foam and bubbles as when I began. I about ready to through the stuff in my 5 gallon water cooler and just start drinking!!:slp I cant even imagine trying to stir the gas out with a spoon :)

well Im done with this crap. I just ordered a wine degasser with racking kit. Cant efford the all in one right now its to expensive. Maybe I will ask for it for Christmas this year lol

I seriously doubt what you are seeing is the result of CO2.
You can get bubbles and foam from drill-stirring plain water. After 15 to 20 minutes of stirring, you should be done.

You might possibly be stirring a lot of air back into your wine.

If the wine still has gas in it, it will taste fizzy on the end of your tongue. It is very simply - no fizz equals no gas.

True. Did some research and doing some quick figuring and by the time you spend for a winedegasser and air compressor and shipping you will be really close to the price of an Allinone - its alot smaller ,less noisy.

What can I say, I really like my all in one. I have a brake bleeder but it does not work as well as the AIO.

True. Did some research and doing some quick figuring and by the time you spend for a winedegasser and air compressor and shipping you will be really close to the price of an Allinone - its alot smaller ,less noisy.

What can I say, I really like my all in one. I have a brake bleeder but it does not work as well as the AIO.

Yes, by all means get the allinone; it will do the degassing AND racking/bottling.

I spent 75 for the degasser and wracking kit to rack under vacumN. The all in one is 200 bucks. For now I WILL TAKE THE NOISE

Oh no, I screwed up. I didnt know you have to use a compresses!! I hope I can cancel this order

Yes, the winedegasser uses your compressor to create the venturi. That's what I meant by the noise. I own multiple compressors and don't want any of them in the house. My wife would kill me.

Oh no, I screwed up. I didnt know you have to use a compresses!! I hope I can cancel this order

:slp Im glad you guys said something. I was able to cancel it and I will save for the all in one. To bad you can't make installment payments lol $250.00 maybe my next check!

Last edited:
:slp Im glad you guys said something. I was able to cancel it and I will save for the all in one. To bad you can't make installment payments lol $250.00 maybe my next check!

Tess
I am glad you found out now rather than latter - I Pm'd you considering you live relatively close, maybe we can meet or I can possibly help you out in some way or another

Im glad you called me. I will definitely be getting the AllInOne. I will contact you in a couple weeks. Maybe by then I will have this wine degassed!! What a pain in the but!!

I seriously doubt what you are seeing is the result of CO2.
You can get bubbles and foam from drill-stirring plain water. After 15 to 20 minutes of stirring, you should be done.

I thought the same, Degassed twice on a Pinot Noir for about a half hour each time, Now that's its bottled it now needs more degassing. I open a bottle and have bubbles around the glass, then shake the bottle a little bit and its like a soda.
I've been playing with the allinone and love it. Re-racked some wine I was getting ready to bottle and realized it was not degassed enough and even plan on vacuum racking it again before I bottle it.

I think this is gas. I can smell it. but I will do the puff test again. later tonight before I start again

I have canceled the transaction and issued you a full refund.

I will make it more clearer on the front page of my website, not just in the manual section.

Thanks for your interests anyway :)

Latest posts

Back