Scrub Buds-best thing for removing labels!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Francie

Reaction score
I found these items called Scrub Buds. They are from Amway/Quickstar. They are awesome!!! I soak the bottles for about 10 minutes, if the label does not peal off, I use the Scrub Bud and it comes right off!!!! I think it may be item #E-8340.

Francie

Francie

Will give it a try, thanks. I've been scraping the (dry) labelswith a utility knife, the jackknife-style and then with mineral spirits on a cloth wipe off the remaining glue from the bottle.

Of course this should be done in well-ventilated area. The spirits dry, odorless and bottles can be stored inside until ready for washing and sanitizing.

John

JohnA, Try a oxygen based cleaner like Oxy-Clean. Let them soak for 2-4 hours and the labels should either fall off or scrap very easily. I then use a Magic eraser sponge and the rest of the glue comes right off!!! Just did 10 bottles last night with no problems.

Magic Eraser sponge!! I will have to try that!! Probably easier to get than the "Scrub Buds", although I did find them on Ebay!!

I soak in a laundry tub of just hot water ...now I scrape with a razor blade paint scraper like Masta does...and go around the bottle...the razor blade just goes under the glue and the labels roll off...Before I was scraping up and down the bottle........Thanks again for this hint...sure makes the day more enjoyable

Latest posts

Back