Scored, Bull S--t

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sacalait

Reaction score
Today I happily received 2 wagon loads of barn yard manure and spread where I wanted it. My brother in law cleaned out his barn of 3-5 year old manure (mostly powder). I was a happy camper.

If you want I can send over my dog to take a big healthy dump there also! :s:)

Hear tell horse s____ is good for alot of fruit plants. What R U gonna use it for?

Sacalait got well broken down basically composted manure. I will add that if you're putting in old stable bedding material, you've scored a bonus. Contained in this will be urine, which is rich in potassium, nitrogen and sulphur, so you may not need to correct for any deficiencies. However, if the stable material is sawdust or wood shavings, these use large amounts of nitrogen in breaking down and will nearly always create a deficiency. This being the case, add a rich nitrogen-based fertilizer as you go.

Fresh horse manure will sour your land and contains weed seeds which won't be sterilised unless composted at a high heat... don't use it without adding lime and nitrogen. All barnyard manure is highly acid, add lime to it in the compost heap and dogsh*t is useless because dogs are carnivorous. Fresh manure from herbivores has to be composted before using.

Chicken manure is the best value for money and needs little nitrogen..

Allie

Last edited:
Yes Boozehag I do...

men often need help. note it was all the moderators..

Sacalait, Wade and Tom, so glad the men are here to help out.

winks

Allie

Chicken snot is way to hot for anything I need. if it is old it is fine. Give me bullshit or give me a placebo.
:D

Allie, you really know your sh*t.:) What I got was well broken down cow manure. I'm sure there's grass seed in it but I can deal with that. I have a fair size vegetable garden that will be smiling once it's been incorporated.

Latest posts

Back