Score!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Philosopher

Amateur
Reaction score
I'm happier than a tic on a hound! I said something to our local liquor store owner, and she said there was a couple who went through a gallon of wine a week. She called the gal, and I just collected two 1 gallon jugs! There'll be one a week coming until I tell her to stop. :db

OP, the owners of my LHBS sponser alot of wine tastings. All I had to do was ask, now I have over 20 cases of bottles, and like you all I have to do is say stop. But finding 1 gallon jugs are indeed a great score. Not to many things come in them anymore! Good for you man, tell em to keep it coming!
Troy

I still have to line up a source for pop-top beer bottles, but knowing 2-3 bartenders in town, I'm not worried.

OP, the owners of my LHBS sponser alot of wine tastings. All I had to do was ask, now I have over 20 cases of bottles, and like you all I have to do is say stop. But finding 1 gallon jugs are indeed a great score. Not to many things come in them anymore! Good for you man, tell em to keep it coming!
Troy

both my parents and my sister get "red hot" hot sauce in them. we like a lil heat. we do make jalapeno wine, raspberry chipotle and apple/jalapeno.:d

both my parents and my sister get "red hot" hot sauce in them. we like a lil heat. we do make jalapeno wine, raspberry chipotle and apple/jalapeno.:d
Holy, crap! I like peppers more than the next guy, but.... :h
So, I have 100 pounds of apples, and a half pound of homemade chipotle power. How do I go about this?

This might be an Allie one. I think it was her that was experimenting with a jalepeno wine a while back.

Something I really like about wine making is the experimentation aspect. Peppers and fruit. Who'd have thunk it? Yet it works so well. I try all sorts of combinations now. I figure I can probably ferment everything except concrete. lol.

Apples and chicken always seems to work well. I have "ran" apple/almond chicken many times in the restaurant and it always works well. No t sure how I feel about peppers in this dish.

However, lots of different salsas can be made with peppers and fruits, and like you, I am not sure, but they have a way of working well together.

Troy

Apples and chicken always seems to work well. I have "ran" apple/almond chicken many times in the restaurant and it always works well. No t sure how I feel about peppers in this dish.

However, lots of different salsas can be made with peppers and fruits, and like you, I am not sure, but they have a way of working well together.

Troy
We do a apple-pear-jalapeño chutney that's to die for. But I have no idea how you'd add peppers to wine.

Here is Allies recipe. http://www.winemakingtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=26685
That should do the job for you. I add whatever fruit I fancy to mine and then play with the measurements of pepper to fruit. I did have to f-pac one batch but it was still good. I once made a lemon/chilli wine that nearly made me shout from the rooftops with joy. I still have several bottles of that kept back from friends and family. lol.

i will add a jalapeno recipe tomorrow. to make chipotle's we actually smoke the jalapeno's ourselves! we now do everything the hard way from basic fruits/veg.

IIRC, 15 peppers per gallon for a nice n spicy wine. i would say 10 might be closer to right for most folks. we like it hot! it's real good on a cold/sinuses. i have had a cold for 2 weeks and every morning a shot of it to clear it. breathen just great, less coughing even. medicinal? i think so!

oh, it's we mostly use it to marinade chicken (sandwiches/fajitas) and for chili.

Latest posts

Back