Score on wine rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedvine

Tony (Twisted Vine)
Reaction score
As a plumber, I am constantly at different locations servicing our customers. Today while at a local grocery store, I noticed a wooden wine rack used to display wine from a certain winery. I asked the manager what she intends to do with it and she said that she throws them out all the time. So she said that I can just take it. I almost lost it. It looks to hold about 12 bottles on their sides and about another 4 cases standing up. As soon as I can get it cleaned up and get the Twisted Vine logo on it, I will post pictures.

Now I just need to come across someone getting rid of a 2 or 3 compartment commercial kitchen sink. I work on them all the time, just waiting for the day when I have to tell the customer that it needs to be replaced and then I can have the old one for my wine area.

I hope you gave the person your number when they said they throwm them out all te time.

EXCELLENT!

I have always hoped to find someone tossing out cash or gold!!! LOL

I hope you gave the person your number when they said they throwm them out all te time.

I'm a grocery store manager and while I don't throw them out all the time...a lot have gone by the wayside. Most are too RETAIL looking to want them in my home but occasionally you find a nice one.

Not that I'm allowed to take them...but I do give them away.

yeah, this one is commercial looking but will look nice in my cellar area when completed.

I made my own rack out of 2x10 lumber. People go on and on about it, but it's just some 2x10s cut to make a bunch of diamond shaped boxes. I'll post a picture if I can. I made one for myself and one for my neighbor. I think my neighbor's turned out better, because it has better storage for the "partial batch".

I bought a stack of 2x10 8' , so my rack is roughly 4' x 8'. I'm going to store the "long term aging" bottles in boxes off to the side, and I keep the sweet wine and Mojito and stuff like that in the rack.

I made my own rack out of 2x10 lumber. People go on and on about it, but it's just some 2x10s cut to make a bunch of diamond shaped boxes. I'll post a picture if I can. QUOTE]

yeah, we love pics of OPP (other peoples projects.)

Jdeere---definetly try to get some pics up of your wine racks. I know that as a man, I like looking at pictures especially of racks...(wine racks included)

Latest posts

Back