Score - Beer Style!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pumpkinman

Reaction score
I just confirmed a purchase of roughly 100 lbs of grain, various sealed 10 lb bags of Base malts, Pilsner, 2 row, Rice, Corn, Munich and various Crystal malts for $30.00!
A brewer is retiring from brewing and is looking to unload a bunch of grain and equipment, if I had more cash to play with, I'd have a field day.
I'll end up getting all of his sealed caps, I'd like to get the grain mill, but the one I have does the job, I hooked a drill to it, and the fermentation fridge with commercial temperature adjustment... I've been watching this listing on Craigslist for 3 weeks, I might be able to talk him down on a few items.

He is offering:

$100 - empty 10 pound steel co2 bottle

$5 each - assorted major beer brands tap handles

$5 - party faucet with 5' line, no end piece
$15 - a 6 peice set which includes 2 ball lock disconnects with 1/4 MFL tailpieces, 2 sankey keg 1/4 MFL tailpieces, and the swivel nut and barbed hose connection. this set enables you to use the same hoses and adapters for both ball lock kegs and sankey kegs.
$5 - 2 ball lock disconnects with barbed ends
i also have alot of nuts, tailpieces and washers for kegs, etc

$120 - Barley Crusher MaltMill w/ 12 volt electric motor

$75 - brew stand with ss burner plates sold on its own with no component parts.
110 - if you buy the brewstand with 2 cast iron burners with regulators.

$50 - 2 cast iron 55,000 btu propane burners with 2 ss 10 psi regulators

$100 ss/copper wash-table/sink with wooden frame

prices vary on miscellaneous bags of grain

$10 - single tap tower for parts, i could not get the faucet off of it for cleaning
$20 each - 2 tower adapters, shank included. these fit on top of a tap tower to offer another faucet, i think it would be a cool idea to have these stand on their own

$15 - ss wall or fridge mount drip tray 6"
$30 - european G style coupler
$20 - Hoff Stevens coupler
$15 - european S style coupler
$15 each - 2 twist handle couplers, one U style, one european s style

$100 - fermentation fridge with commercial temperature adjustment
$5 each - restaurant floor mats
prices are low and vary on other miscellaneous parts and pieces such as bottle caps, bottle cappers, chemicals, ball valves, garden hose with special connections

Tom, do you have a brew sculpture? Is this a tiered stand? I made a 3 level all electric 1 a few years back and man does it make life so much easier!

Wade,
I wish! I was thinking about buying one, I cannot even think about making one...lol...I'm just not that talented, but it's tricky right now with the Chilean season just around the corner, I try to fly under the radar while spending a ton of money that I really don't have to spend..LOL
I sent the craigslist guy an email to confirm about the quantity of grain and realized that he didn't have 100 lbs of grain, much less, so I'm going to back out and I jumped in one a group grain buy here in the Hudson valley, I'm looking to buy a 50lb sack of Pale Malt, 50 lb Munich, 50 lb White Wheat, 50lb sack of Maris Otter, and possibly 50 lbs of Pilsner.
The only way I can do it is through the group buys, I may purchase a few hop Rhizomes, I'd like to grow Centennial, Willamette, Cascade, horizon and maybe Amarillo or Citra, Hallertau something like that...lol

Tom the way things grow for you, ya better set poles 100 feet tall for the hops. You will need to hire the power company to harvest them with one of their transmission line trucks.

lol! I grew them in 15 gal pots last year and they climbed 15-20 feet, a nice yield for the first year too, I hope to put up a trellis system for them, my biggest fear is that the roots are very invasive.

Latest posts

Back