SC-100A help/advice

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Welch

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used my new Vinmetrica SC-100A yesterday to check SO2 levels. I followed Vinmetrica’s directions and used a stir plate. On my final sample something happened that I do not think is consequential but thought I’d see if anyone might know if this is so and maybe what happened
On my final sample as I added the Titrrant dropwise the tester finally went to a steady beeping state, after counting 15 beeps and seeing the stop light lit, I set down the syringe leaving the probe in the sample and started writing down the results.
Just then my three dogs started aggressively barking so I went outside to find out what they were barking at. When I returned probably two or three minutes later I found the tester no longer beeping and the green proceed light lit. My question then: is this test result valid? Is this to be expected under these circumstances, I.e. leaving the probe in the sample this long?

Thanks for reading.
Jim

Jim, instructions for my 300 say test should be done under 3 mins. Not sure if a longer titration would cause your outcome. I yank the probe & power off the unit as soon as test is done, this eliminates any second guessing, which I always try to avoid in this hobby.

Latest posts

Back