Say Hello To My Little friend!!!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Hummers are nesting like CRAZY around here. This is our 2nd nest of the season. This Momma decided for better or worse that the lights under the portal between the house and the winery was the best place to build her nest. This is a HIGH traffic zone to say the least. She seems to be getting more and more used to us going in and out. Sometimes she fly's away and sometimes not. Not sure what spooks her on any given time. She seems very content on her choice for a nesting place though!

DSC03251_b.jpg

That is cool and it seems like the nest is barely attached. The wicker looking part on the bottom, did she make that or was this already there?

Very cool! Once in a great awhile they buzz or me on my deck here and hot my neighbors flower bushes. Love watching them.

I don't know how she stays still for such long periods of time. Normally they are moving all the time.

They are amazing! The first time I saw one I thought it was a giant insect at first. Then I got a good look at it and realized it was a bird. Love seeing them.

Mike that is soo cool !!
Every year we are blessed with "usually robins " making a nest in my wifes homemade wreaths which are hung next to the door in the easement. This is the 2nd batch of younglings this year ! Once thay are hatched it only takes 2 weeks before they leave the nest. I keep telling my 15 year old son - that knows it all - about the birds - ( well I guess I left out the bee portion of it huh ? )

robins [Desktop Resolution].jpg

hummers are the most amazing birds, they would probably nest on my fingers if I let them:)
females are very bold...
DSCN1855-1.jpg

DSCN1868.jpg

DSCN1891.jpg

Very cool! I plant canna lilies in my yard every year and the humming birds love them. Nice photos. :)

How cool Mike, I have been feeding hummers for years and looking for their nests, have not found one yet. Congrads on your new family!

Nice pictures Cindy, They get close. We joke that my wife is going to find me laying on the deck with a humming bird stuck in my forehead :)

Last edited:
Amazing pics Cindy! Here are some progressive growth pics from the Summer of 2006. This nest was on our patio. By the end it was a little crowded in that nest as you can see....... It was reused the next year as well!

DSC01660_b.jpg

DSC01656_b.jpg

DSC01690_b.jpg

DSC01719_b.jpg

DSC01724_b.jpg

DSC01729_b.jpg

DSC01797_b.jpg

You must have a pretty quick shutter speed on that camera of yours to capture their wings in a manner that shows them looking still. Great pics!

This is an oldie but goodie. If you haven't seen it its worth the watch for sure. Amazing video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrcdQWzH-8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvrcdQWzH-8[/ame]

The twins are getting big! And the nest is listing.......

Worried they may fall out. They are growing fast these days. Mom is out and about foraging around for food. She comes back about every 20 mins, shoves it down their beaks and heads back out. That beam is definitely in the way for feeding time. They are messy little creatures. They push the poop out of the nest and all over everything below it!

DSC03295_B.jpg

Latest posts

Back