Say CHEESE!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks FANTASTIC! I haven't had it. What's the flavor profile?

It is creamy and unctuous, as you might expect from a triple-cream brie, with that typical brie aftertaste; it is pleasantly salted. The 'shrooms give it an earthy, umami note; fairly subtle, to be candid, but still detectable.

Last edited:
Originale Gouda is a very interesting cheese, harder and more crumbly than the gouda I am used to eating, slightly sharper, with a more intense taste.

Wow, looks to me like she wasted a lot of cheese cutting off that rind. I would like to get a wire to do that, just haven't done it. Since I buy by weight, which includes the stuff I throw away, too, I like to shave them off as close as I can. Dunno how well some of these techniques would work in my dark living room after half a bottle of wine with just the light from a movie on the big screen to cut by. :D I still have all my fingers, by some happenstance.

Here's 42 minutes on cutting the cheese!

https://www.epicurious.com/video/watch/every-method-how-to-serve-every-cheese

Last edited:
do any of yawl use feta cheese ?
Dawg

Gosh, it is funny that you post that right now. I was preparing to post the current offering that I have open. (More in a minute.)

Yes, I enjoy feta. For me, it is more of a summertime thing, but I didn't have much (any?) this summer.

But, my current cheese that is open is like a feta, but from France. I had never heard of Valbreso before, but it is feta-adjacent :) . It is from one of the large cheese conglomerates (Président) in Europe.

Valbreso-Feta-French-White-Cheese-9.jpg

Latest posts

Back