Say CHEESE!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe in Lowville
It's about 10 miles from Croghan to Lowville. The market I'm thinking of is in Croghan, I'm not sure which town the factory is located in. I know the location, but not sure of boundaries.

I'm sure this is fascinating to everyone not familiar with the area (which is probably all but 2 or 3 of us). ;)

But if in a grocery store or market in Upstate NY, if you see Croghan Baloney, get a ring. It's really good!

@jswordy, really neat graphic. I would postulate that the increase in mozzarella's popularity is driven mainly by the pizza and the general increase in popularity of other Italian dishes, e.g., eggplant parmesan, veal parmesan, lasagna, caprese salad, etc. I am big fan of cheeses, but mozzarella is not one I would sit and eat with wine or drinks. An aged gouda, asiago, gruyere and gorgonzola are some of my favorites.

Stopped at the store on the way home from work yesterday, bought the last two of these (plus two havarti and a smoked gouda). It's the American version of the German classic, made in Wisconsin. I was like, if there were six of these here, I'd have bought them all. Got home to find out the Wifie had bought three others at the same store earlier. Heaven!

Screen Shot 2022-04-20 at 11.23.35 AM.png

Back