RJ Spagnols Sauvignon Blanc

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCGoodin

Reaction score
Hello, I've been gone a long time and now
I'm back. I'm asking suggestions for good kits for Sauvignon Blanc and Red Zin.

Any suggestions?

Hello. My wife prefers New Zealand style sav Blancs and we find the wineexpert eclipse to be pretty darn good. If you like The NZ profile, you may want to hurry as wineexpert has changed all their kits this year, and we don’t know if the new formats will be as good. There are still several places closing out the eclipses.

The RJS En Primuer is a South African sav and I’m not really a fan of that style so prefer the Eclipse which we’ve made several times.

I haven’t found a zin kit I like, and the variance in Zin profile can be massive.

Show's different tastes. The eclipse old vine zinfandel is one of my wife's favorites and has been a hit with all our wine drinking friends. As Doug's said, winexpert is changing their kits and part of the change is less juice. Haven't tried any of them.

Labelpeelers have high shipping fees.
At least for me in Missouri figuring in price of the kit and shipping. Labelpeelers.com almost always has the best prices. Shipping might seem high but is offset by lower prices on their kits.

Eclipse Sauvignon Blanc is excellent - I've made it a few times. I'll second the comments on Label Peelers. Don't be scared off by the 'list' price. When you add the kit to your cart, the price drops 20-30%. Other places may show free shipping, but charge the full list price, so look at full cost to get it to your door.

Back