Sauce maker/ food strainer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sly22guy

Reaction score
Anyone use one of these for fruits? Im using one for making tomato sauce and it seperates the skins & seeds from the sauce.

Her is a picture of one. put fruit in the top turn the crank and the skins and seeds go out the end and juice/pulp in center

picture.php

Last edited:
You could use it for fruit I suppose.
Just try it with some blackberries or elderberries.

However ..............

Most fruit really benefits from pulp ferementing. This means that you crush the fruit and then ferment the whole pulp for a few days and then press to get the juice out.

The reason for this is that a lot of colour, flavor and tannin is in the skins of the fruit. And more than that, some of these goodies will dissolve only in alcohol. So many good stuff from the skin will only dissolve when the must has been fermenting for a few days.

So yes it could be used in winemaking, but no I do not think the wine will benefit from it.

So.........
Do the Luc thing.......
Meaning what ????
Do as I would do:

Make 2 wines. One made with the juice from this juicer and the other one by pulp ferementing. Off course using exactly the same fruit. In a few months when both have finished and aged a bit you will know what gives the best results in your opinion (and that is what counts).

Luc

Latest posts

Back